Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   I've totally lost it. Someone commit me! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/ive-totally-lost-someone-commit-me-59599/)

mom2thebest2 01-11-2011 01:39 PM

I've totally lost it. Someone commit me!

I actually dreamt of fish last night. I'm currently doing a fishless cycle and I am SO excited I dreamt of fish like a kid on christmas eve! Tank has been down for about 10 months, I didn't realize how much I really love (and miss) it. Anyone else get so excited about new fish they act like a child or am I the only one? I can't be the only one, I wouldn't believe it..........

Blaxicanlatino 01-11-2011 01:48 PM

lol i feel your pain/joy. I love my fish and cant imagine parting with them ^^. i dreamed i was living in the aquarium 0_o thats not weird..right?

aunt kymmie 01-11-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2thebest2 (Post 556799)
I actually dreamt of fish last night. I'm currently doing a fishless cycle and I am SO excited I dreamt of fish like a kid on christmas eve! Tank has been down for about 10 months, I didn't realize how much I really love (and miss) it. Anyone else get so excited about new fish they act like a child or am I the only one? I can't be the only one, I wouldn't believe it..........

LOL, check your PMs....

MyLittlePleco 01-11-2011 02:05 PM

Haha XD
I know exactly what you mean, except I dreamt of fish after I got mine.
This was the night after I got my Scalare Angelfish, and I was slightly nervous to be honest, since I had spent my remaining allowance on them and a beautiful piece of Java Fern.

Short story long, I dreamt I was observing some Amazon backwater environment, complete with twisting pieces of wood, various plants and of course, fish ranging from gigantic Angelfish and Plecos to a beautiful shoal of Neon Tetras.

lorax84 01-11-2011 03:07 PM

I don't dream of fish tanks(at least I don't think I do), but when I was setting up my last tank I was kept up at night thinking about layouts, plants and rock work. It definitely reminded me of being a kid and trying to get to sleep on Christmas eve.

SinCrisis 01-11-2011 03:14 PM

Sometimes i get nightmares where i dream that my tank gets overrun with giant rainbow colored plants and all my peaceful tetras get replaced by demonic looking fish that try and break out of the tank...

lorax84 01-11-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SinCrisis (Post 556845)
Sometimes i get nightmares where i dream that my tank gets overrun with giant rainbow colored plants and all my peaceful tetras get replaced by demonic looking fish that try and break out of the tank...

I want your dreams:-D

willow 01-11-2011 03:34 PM

hi my name is Lainey and i've been a ...............oh whoopsie wrong place ;-)
yeah i can honestly say i have dreamt of my fish tanks at one time or another,
sometimes over silly things,sometimes because i want my own way,and others
just dreaming of how i'm going to design it,and one time i had the tank drain on me
when the sphyon fell out the tank,i was indisposed for areond 10 mins i came back to find
an almost empty tank and my koi angel fish flapping like a cod in hot batter.:cry:
i was upset over that for days.

jeaninel 01-11-2011 04:31 PM

LOL No, you're not the only one. I actually named my Ctenopoma Spook because that was the name I used for him in a dream. And yes, I still get excited when I'm ready to go shopping for more fish.

redchigh 01-11-2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SinCrisis (Post 556845)

Sounds awesome.