Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (
-   Freshwater Aquarium Equipment (
-   -   some kind of water pump (

Tycoon 05-18-2007 05:01 PM

some kind of water pump
Is there such a thing as water pump that pumps water out of the tank for easier water changes?

If so, can I get a link?

leifthebunny 05-19-2007 08:51 AM

Your LFS should have a syphon gravel vacuum. Some come with hand pumps to start the water flow, most require some lung power to get them started. You'll want to use this method to remove fish waste (uneaten food, poop, ...) from the substrate.

Mr.Todd 05-20-2007 03:42 AM

Also you could check out this device called the Python:

They are very cool because you don't get all of the spills...

:P :P :P :P :P

Gump 05-20-2007 02:36 PM

You can use a powerhead or any water pump hooked up to a hose if you cant syphon out of the tank. If you dont have a python or lees i would get one if you have a tank bigger than 10 gallons.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome