Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   15 gallon stocking ideas (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/15-gallon-stocking-ideas-59433/)

fishkeeper35 01-09-2011 04:10 PM

15 gallon stocking ideas
 
please help so far the only idea i have is

4 zebra danios
2 leopard danios
6 black neon tetras

i already have the 4 zebra danios and i dont want live bearers

im a begginner so any hardy fish are greatly appreciated

i am not going to breed so it doesnt matter just as long as they are compatible, hardy and colorful

i already cycled the tank and it has been running for about 8 weeks. i have a heater ,filter and lighting. i have 5 small fake plants:-( (sorry im a begginner) and 3 decorations temp. is at 75 and ph is at 7.4

all i need are suggestions!!!!!!!!

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:: shock::shock:

fishkeeper35 01-09-2011 04:12 PM

also look at my other thread 15 gallon stocking ideas to see if you can help me there







:thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou: :thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou: :thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou: :thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou: :thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou: :thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou: :thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou: :thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou: :thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou: :thankyou:

RCinAL 01-09-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishkeeper35 (Post 555106)
please help so far the only idea i have is

4 zebra danios
2 leopard danios
6 black neon tetras

i already have the 4 zebra danios and i dont want live bearers

im a begginner so any hardy fish are greatly appreciated

i am not going to breed so it doesnt matter just as long as they are compatible, hardy and colorful

i already cycled the tank and it has been running for about 8 weeks. i have a heater ,filter and lighting. i have 5 small fake plants:-( (sorry im a begginner) and 3 decorations temp. is at 75 and ph is at 7.4

all i need are suggestions!!!!!!!!

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:: shock::shock:

If compatable, hardy, and colorful is the goal I would trade the zebras for the more colorful Glo-fish. Same fish, much more color.

fishkeeper35 01-09-2011 05:10 PM

that might be a cost issue though i hear there 20$ each and i cat afford that the way times are right now

RCinAL 01-09-2011 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishkeeper35 (Post 555168)
that might be a cost issue though i hear there 20$ each and i cat afford that the way times are right now

$20.00 each for Glo-fish? :shock: I gave $2.50 each for the ones I have. I think someone told you wrong there.

fishkeeper35 01-09-2011 07:39 PM

guess so ill look into that

mom2thebest2 01-09-2011 08:12 PM

We got my son 6 glo fish at petsmart they were about $5/ea. They must be some hella fish for $20 :-P

fishkeeper35 01-09-2011 09:14 PM

hahaha guess i was wrong

can glofish danios still school with regular zebra danios?

:thankyou::thankyou::yourock:

RCinAL 01-10-2011 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishkeeper35 (Post 555426)
hahaha guess i was wrong

can glofish danios still school with regular zebra danios?

:thankyou::thankyou::yourock:

Yes. I have a dozen Glo-fish schooling happily with the 2 Zebras I used originally to cycle the tank. They can't seem to tell there is a difference.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2