Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   I'm sad (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/im-sad-5933/)

Falina 05-17-2007 02:57 PM

I'm sad

Well, I decided I really wanted the snails, and I also found out that they ARE the type that eat plants so it was bye bye to my lovely planted tank :cry: It looks so sad and bare.

Gutted cause I was so pleased with it for a while there. I've put some rocks and another piece of bogwood in so that there's still plenty of hiding places for the fishes so they don't seem to mind - but i do!

The good news though is that I moved almost all the plants into my new, much smaller tank which awaits puffers :D so it is now one very heavily planted tank indeed! and I think it looks nicer than the bigger one did when planted!

Trishfish 05-17-2007 03:41 PM

The snails are so much fun to watch you won't even miss your plants. :)However, you could put some plastic ones in there if you really like the look. Let us know how you like your snails.

Falina 05-17-2007 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trishfish
The snails are so much fun to watch you won't even miss your plants. :)However, you could put some plastic ones in there if you really like the look. Let us know how you like your snails.

I hope so - half of me is thinking "sod the snails - bring back the plants" but I want to try something different, and I have plants in my smaller one now like I said and it's looking really good.

I recently gave away loads of plastic plants because of the real plants - LOL! It doesn't matter though. I'd rather have no plants than plastic ones because I just don't think they look right. I've actually started to see my large synodontis now that there are no plants. There's still places to hide like I said but she doesn't seem to want to go in them - so it;s quite nice to see her for a change LOL

Thanks Trishfish.

Lupin 05-17-2007 11:15 PM

Sorry to hear about the wrong snails, Julie. Plants help improve the water quality and I think we all like the way we keep most tanks planted.;) Go with floating plants. Your syno will not bother to uproot any more plants too.

Falina 05-18-2007 06:32 PM

Thanks Lupin.

The syno didn't uproot them, I just never seen her becaue of them.

I got 2 snails today and I LOVE them! They're really fun to watch just now and I am going tback to get more tomorrow ! :D

Trishfish 05-18-2007 08:23 PM

So you got your canas then? I'm so excited for you. The canas really have unique personalities. I don't name my fish but do my snails. I'm glad you like them and think they're fun to watch.

Falina 05-18-2007 08:50 PM

Quote:

So you got your canas then? I'm so excited for you. The canas really have unique personalities. I don't name my fish but do my snails. I'm glad you like them and think they're fun to watch.

Yep! I got 2 and have called them Bush and Blair. I am going back for another 2 tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Trishfish 05-18-2007 08:53 PM

Bush and Blair! LOLOLOL. Fine job naming your snails.

Falina 05-18-2007 09:09 PM

Quote:

Bush and Blair! LOLOLOL. Fine job naming your snails.

:thankyou:

Mating Slinkys 05-18-2007 10:11 PM

Quote:

I got 2 and have called them Bush and Blair.
I guess you'll have to find a nice patch for Blair to retire to, and call one of the new one's Brown...