Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   American Idol (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/american-idol-5853/)

Lupin 05-14-2007 10:42 AM

American Idol

Hi all.:wave:

I'm curious as to whom you think should be the last person standing in the finals.;) My vote goes for Melinda Doolittle. She's a good singer and I think she deserves the chance to be the last person standing.

Jordin Sparks seems to have all it takes to become a really big star.:) I'm surprised a lot of candidates from American Idol 2006 especially Katharine McPhee and Chris Daughtry are doing quite well in their careers.:)

lioness501 05-14-2007 11:08 AM

personally, i think that phil stacey should have won. i cried wen he left, i thought he was bloomin marvellous

NeonJulie 05-14-2007 11:57 AM

I like Blake, when he isn't wearing plaid and preppy outfits. Where's the rough edgy guy with spiked hair from the auditions?!

He pretty much bowled me over with You Give Love a Bad Name.

Jordin though... well she's great isn't she. I'd love her album, she'd be another Mariah/Christina/Whitney, I bet. Karoake clubs would love her too. She's real Singer-song material.

Melinda, well she is definitely good. I have a hard time watching her when she's not singing though. (Stand up straight darnit!) I have a hard time not being distracted by the fact that she seems to be so shy, that she doesn't even have a neck.

My problem with Melinda is every note sounds pretty much the same. Jordin moves from different places in her head/chest, she gets loud, she gets wispy, etc. Melinda is technically perfect, all the time, once in a while she adds that 'growel.' But she really bores me especially when she's not singing.

Jordin didn't do herself a favor last week, when she talked her singing down so much. So you didn't do a good job, nod, and move on. Don't try and convince us you didn't do your best. What?! *lol* She's lucky she didn't get voted off.

lioness501 05-14-2007 12:12 PM

apart from the beat boxing i dont think that blake is talented vocally. i certainly dont think he should have got this far. leticia was so much better. i really feel for her. it would have meant so much to her and her little girl :(

NeonJulie 05-14-2007 12:48 PM

She went much much further than Jennifer Hudson. ;) I think they'll end up ok. I feel that she lacked some consistency although her not having coaching, clearly she's a born natural. But in my opinion, I didn't like her image. Not sure who's fault it was, but most of her wardrobes were one fraction of inch past "malfunction"! (Jordin on the otherhand has not had to rely on cleavage or bare legs.)

That is the one thing that irks me about the show... Jordin is the daughter of a supposedly famous NFL star. What gives? She needs a show like this to start her career? And remember the young girl from last year, who's grandmother was the famous Motown singer? She needed American Idol to get an audition somewhere?!

I don't know, I think this show should mainly be for people like Lakisha and Kelly Clarkson... (think waiter at a restaurant.)

anemone 05-14-2007 02:17 PM

Blake would be the obvious choice, if you look at who would be a commercial sales success,

But Melinda Doolittle is a far better singer than the rest of them & should win

Falina 05-14-2007 03:12 PM

Lupin - you watch a lot of terrible television!

I don't know who will win as I've never seen it. They do show it over here on a Sunday mind you but I'm always, err, busy... :roll:

NeonJulie 05-14-2007 04:17 PM

What? And miss the whole Sanjaya escapades?

I originally planned to name my Dwarf Gourami "Sanja" due to it's meaning in Indian. (Since I've read that's where they are from.) I just can't do it.

Not after this season of American Idol.

Lupin 05-14-2007 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie

:lol: :lol:
Er..terrible?:shock:

Falina 05-14-2007 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lupin
Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie

:lol: :lol:
Er..terrible?:shock:

Yes, terrible.

You should get yourself some decent DVDs to watch instead.

May I recommend The X Files to start off with. :D