Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater Journals (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/)
-   -   Soon to be planted 29 gallon =) (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/soon-planted-29-gallon-58222/)

Elvis 12-26-2010 02:15 PM

Soon to be planted 29 gallon =)

1 Attachment(s)
I recently purchased a used 29 gallon bowel front and just went out and got most of what I need to start her up :-D only thing missing right now is a heater.

So far I have:
29 Gallon tank
Marine land emperor 280 filter
15 watt T8 lamp (1 for now will most likely need another one of these)
Flourite black substrate
2 pieces of driftwood

My plan is to make this the new home for my 10 tetras which are now in my 75 gallon community tank I might throw in 1 Gourami as well because I have 2 in my community and they are fighting non stop :S also I think I will switch my 3 otos from my community in here and get something better at algae eating in my bigger tank.

So far the plan for fish stock is:
10 neon tetras
3 otos

I have yet to decide what plants to put in and I would be more than pleased to hear some suggestions.

Here is the tank as it stands right now without water. I also have some flourite black gravel which the guy at the store told me is good for plants, it has not been put in the tank yet. (I still need to clean it properly)

Attachment 21210

thefishboy 12-26-2010 02:30 PM

Nice looking tank! A few valisneria for the back maybe some cambomba and swords! Some corydoras will look nice!

Elvis 12-30-2010 01:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I added some media from my other cycled tank into this filter and the bio-wheel seems to be getting some color on it already. I also added 2 zebra danios from my other tank to this one to help with the cycle.

Here is what it looks like now:

Attachment 21372

silverboo23 01-01-2011 09:30 AM

Lookin good so far! I gotta talk the wife into letting me get a tank like that. :-)

ElectricBlueJackDempsey 01-01-2011 02:13 PM

A black background would look nice. It makes the fish feel safer and hides the wires

willow 01-02-2011 01:18 PM

it's looking really good,i reallllllllllllllllly like the wood on the right handside.

bigehugedome 01-02-2011 10:56 PM

I agree some sort of background will make everything stand out more once planted and stocked. Some java fern and moss would look great attatched to that wood. The piece on the right is very cool and the left piece looks like it could be a nice spot for some bottom dwellers. Be sure to post more pics once you plant it! Looks good

Elvis 01-05-2011 10:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally got some plants today and planted them =)

Here is some updated pics, the water is still a little cloudy from the substrate but its a lot better than it was.

Attachment 21708
Attachment 21709

aunt kymmie 01-05-2011 11:39 PM

Sweet! It looks really nice. :-)

PS. I'm all for having a black background on that tank!

Elvis 01-06-2011 02:02 AM

Thanks!

I might really consider putting a black background the back of the tank is pretty dirty anyways since its a used tank.

The plants that are in are:
Micranthemum umbrosum
Myriophyllum aquaticum
Juncus repens
1 Sword plant
1 micro sword plant