Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Planted Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/)
-   -   Question about Sweet Aquatics (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/question-about-sweet-aquatics-58218/)

DanMarion 12-26-2010 01:22 PM

Question about Sweet Aquatics

Normally, I only buy plants that I can see first, but there were 2 specific plants that I couldn't find anywhere around here. (Corkscrew Val and Banana Plant).

I ordered several each of these plants from Sweet Aquatics 3 weeks ago, and haven't heard a thing about it since they charged my card. I emailed them a week ago asking for a status on my order. No response.

Anyone here have experience with them? Did I get ripped off? Is this how they always operate? If so, this will be my last order from them.

zof 12-26-2010 03:09 PM

One thing I've notice with them is they are not very good at notifying you of when there will be delays of shipping your order. Its one of the down sides to buying through a small family business but their selection, quality of plants and low prices usually make up for the fact that it takes so long to get an order shipped.

Go ahead and shoot them another email and see if you get a response, you most likely will get your plants, it just might not be in the time frame you wanted.

DanMarion 12-26-2010 03:34 PM

I wouldn't mind it taking a while, as long as I was notified. When I ordered, it said 5-7 business days. That has come and gone a long time ago.

I would rather pay a business a little more for some common courtesy. If I spend my money somewhere, I expect decent customer service...

Romad 12-26-2010 04:00 PM

I had the same experience with them. Could not get an estimate of when my plants would arrive and I was a little worried with the holidays coming up.

When they did show up, they were in good condition but a good third of them were unmarked. Since you're only getting a few, it shouldn't be an issue.

It's the price you pay for saving some money and getting good plants I guess. The same amount of plants would have cost me 30-40 dollars more on other mail order sites.

Good luck.

DanMarion 12-26-2010 04:27 PM

Unmarked, I can deal with. If I cannot tell the difference between Val and Banana Plants, then I don't deserve my planted tanks :P

Romad 12-26-2010 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanMarion (Post 542882)
Unmarked, I can deal with. If I cannot tell the difference between Val and Banana Plants, then I don't deserve my planted tanks :P

Yeah, that would be an issue :hmm:

dieseldoc 12-26-2010 08:16 PM

When I ordered from them last year I did not have an issue at all. In fact I was rather surprised at how fast they did arrive. I will be placing another order with them in the very near future.

SilersAngryMeow 12-26-2010 09:23 PM

Hmm. I might chalk it up to the holidays. When I ordered from them, I had a lot of questions and they were very communicative.

Good luck! I hope you hear from them (or get your plants) soon!

cbirk 12-27-2010 08:39 PM

I'm pretty sure when I was frequenting these boards awhile back that Sweet Aquatics actually had an account on these forums. Not sure if they are still active though. Perhaps messaging them here would be another avenue of approach.

redchigh 12-29-2010 10:16 AM

Yea, I notice that too.

Their quality, selection, and prices are great, but sometimes it takes a while. Just try again. I usually get an extra plant or two thrown in when I order. When I ordered a crypt wendtii 'red', it took a little while, but I got 3 instead of 1. I love it. ;)
I've never gotten unlabeled plants from them... hmm.

Did you email them through their web site or did you email their SweetAquatics@fuse.net account?