Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Question about Sweet Aquatics

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Sweet Aquatics 
#1 ·
Normally, I only buy plants that I can see first, but there were 2 specific plants that I couldn't find anywhere around here. (Corkscrew Val and Banana Plant).

I ordered several each of these plants from Sweet Aquatics 3 weeks ago, and haven't heard a thing about it since they charged my card. I emailed them a week ago asking for a status on my order. No response.

Anyone here have experience with them? Did I get ripped off? Is this how they always operate? If so, this will be my last order from them.

#2 ·
One thing I've notice with them is they are not very good at notifying you of when there will be delays of shipping your order. Its one of the down sides to buying through a small family business but their selection, quality of plants and low prices usually make up for the fact that it takes so long to get an order shipped.

Go ahead and shoot them another email and see if you get a response, you most likely will get your plants, it just might not be in the time frame you wanted.

#3 ·
I wouldn't mind it taking a while, as long as I was notified. When I ordered, it said 5-7 business days. That has come and gone a long time ago.

I would rather pay a business a little more for some common courtesy. If I spend my money somewhere, I expect decent customer service...

#4 ·
I had the same experience with them. Could not get an estimate of when my plants would arrive and I was a little worried with the holidays coming up.

When they did show up, they were in good condition but a good third of them were unmarked. Since you're only getting a few, it shouldn't be an issue.

It's the price you pay for saving some money and getting good plants I guess. The same amount of plants would have cost me 30-40 dollars more on other mail order sites.

Good luck.

#7 ·
When I ordered from them last year I did not have an issue at all. In fact I was rather surprised at how fast they did arrive. I will be placing another order with them in the very near future.

#9 ·
I'm pretty sure when I was frequenting these boards awhile back that Sweet Aquatics actually had an account on these forums. Not sure if they are still active though. Perhaps messaging them here would be another avenue of approach.

#10 ·
Yea, I notice that too.

Their quality, selection, and prices are great, but sometimes it takes a while. Just try again. I usually get an extra plant or two thrown in when I order. When I ordered a crypt wendtii 'red', it took a little while, but I got 3 instead of 1. I love it. ;)
I've never gotten unlabeled plants from them... hmm.

Did you email them through their web site or did you email their SweetAquatics@fuse.net account?

#11 ·
To be completely honest we have been overwhelmed the last several months due to a drastic increase is sales. The increase is mostly due to the praises left on forums like this one which is much appreciated. Our customer service has taken a hit because of this I apologize. December was an especially bad month because of the severe winter weather across the country causing many shipping delays not to mention the postal holidays as well.

We are working to get all orders shipped and should be caught up by next week. We are also in the process of moving to a bigger facility where we will be getting help allowing us to focus more on customer communication which has been slow as of late.

As far as labeled plants. We label all plants unless order is small and plants are unmistakable. Granted we do miss a bag here and there but for the most part everything is labeled.

Thank you for the continued support
Dan and Mary

Reactions: redchigh
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.