Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   serious consideration of stock. (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/serious-consideration-stock-58206/)

willow 12-26-2010 06:28 AM

serious consideration of stock.

hello lovlies :)
tank is.
fluval vincensa 260
aquarium capacity Liters 248
weight KG 60
weight apparently with water KG370
Lights T5/2x39
external filter fluval 405
stock as is.
5 gold barbs (babies)
5 albino cory dora catfish
2 pearl gouramis
1 tictoe barb(has lastes like forever on his own)
3 platies
4 ? platy fry
2x firemouths
5 red eye tetras
planted,gravel and sand substrate
i'm after some advise on stocking with fish,possible change of inmates if needed.
it's looking drab and not the center peice it should,photo can be taken tonight if wanted
as it's not the same looking as in my profile.
so if you have five minutes to spare and want to have an input on this feel free
to join in,advise,artistic freedom would be great.
:lol:

1077 12-26-2010 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willow (Post 542687)
hello lovlies :)
tank is.
fluval vincensa 260
aquarium capacity Liters 248
weight KG 60
weight apparently with water KG370
Lights T5/2x39
external filter fluval 405
stock as is.
5 gold barbs (babies)
5 albino cory dora catfish
2 pearl gouramis
1 tictoe barb(has lastes like forever on his own)
3 platies
4 ? platy fry
2x firemouths
5 red eye tetras
planted,gravel and sand substrate
i'm after some advise on stocking with fish,possible change of inmates if needed.
it's looking drab and not the center peice it should,photo can be taken tonight if wanted
as it's not the same looking as in my profile.
so if you have five minutes to spare and want to have an input on this feel free
to join in,advise,artistic freedom would be great.
:lol:

Where you been Willow?
Were it me,,I might keep the two Pearl gourami, and the red eye Tetra's. I might find new homes for the rest and switch cory's to Schwarz Corydoras and increase the number of Red Eye's as well as add some Lemon Tetra's, Bleeding Heart Tetra's ,Emperor Tetra's. And or, some neon or cardinal Tetra's.

cbirk 12-26-2010 11:21 AM

Heyo, Personally I would add some YoYo Loaches. I love them and they have considerably brightened up my 55gal in my living room. They get along very well with the Tiger barbs, and I imagine they would do well with tetras too, but I am not sure. Thats my suggestion. no opinion/advice on what you would have to switch out though.

(A lot of people recommend sand since they like to play around. I have small gravel and have had them for almost 2 years with no issues, They still play, and have never hurt themselves.)

aunt kymmie 12-26-2010 12:16 PM

Lainey, I'd love to see a current pic. I know you really like loaches so maybe you should consider adding some?? We both love clowns but we both know they are too large (once adults) to be long term happy in your tank due to the size. I like cbirk's suggestion on the yoyos and I also like the golden zebra or angelicus loach. Loaches are just plain fun. ;-)

cbirk 12-26-2010 12:39 PM

I love clown loaches. Some day I will get a tank big enough to have some. it always makes me sad when I see them in the LFS here because odds are they are going to end up in someones 10 gal tank :(

willow 12-26-2010 05:27 PM

[quote=1077;542710]Where you been Willow?
quote]

work has been very full on,children moving on,children moving in, been hectic days and nights lol
but mustn't grumble at least i have a job. :)

like the ideas there thanks.
in regards to the loaches,Kym you know how i loved my loaches,and i would in a heart beat
have clowns again,i miss them the most out of all the fish i lost back in the summer.
i'll take a shamefull picture for you,please don't rip me too much,i feel quite ashamed
i think i especially like the idea of the cardinals,they always look nice in a large group.
i like rummy noses too,very much actually and the schoal very nicely too.

aunt kymmie 12-26-2010 05:53 PM

Me? Rip you? Never!

willow 12-26-2010 05:56 PM

maybe you should,the tank is awful,and after i returned shrek and fiona
to the fish store it's even worse,tiz amazing how much they made the tank clean.

aunt kymmie 12-26-2010 05:57 PM

Nope, I won't do it. But I do wanna see that pic....waiting...;-)

willow 12-26-2010 06:05 PM

will get you one tomorrow,promise :oops: