Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hello! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/hello-57684/)

shunyata 12-18-2010 07:23 PM

Hello!

I'm new here and fairly new to fish keeping. I started just a few months ago and so far I have two freshwater tanks:

A 10-gallon tall half-circle tank:
This tank is all about Angel my angelfish. His companions are two nertitina snails (zebra variety) and my male apple snails (Yin & Yang). I call the nertitinas Thick & Thin cause of their stripes. And it makes a silly pun. :)

I always wanted an angelfish! I kept being told 'it's too much work' and 'stick with goldfish'. But with some encouragement from a close friend, I decided to make the leap. Angel was my first fish and I'm so glad I got him!

A standard 15-gallon tank with a 5" air gap:
This tank is all about giving my female apple snails (Goldi & Browni) a place to lay their eggs; thus the low water level. Their companions are an African Dwarf Frog (Froggy) and a Betta (Blue Thing).

I fell in love with apple snails when I got one to help keep Angel's tank clean. Such personality! I was so enamored with these guys that I decided to set up the breeding tank just for them. They just gave me my first clutch just a few days ago. *glee!*

And one saltwater tank:

A 8-gallon JellyFishArt Desktop tank:
This one is all about my Moon Jelly named Orange. His companions are two hermit crabs and two cleaner snails. They don't really have names yet.

I love jellyfish! Whenever I visit an aquarium I spend most of my time admiring them. So when I found out you could keep them as pets, I just had to try it. I must say though, they are above my experience level. I had four to start, but now I only have Orange.

On the dry side, I have a wonderful cat named Dmitri. I work for a major tech company providing customer support for our mail server product. Other hobbies include poi, hooping, staff-dancing, & yoga. I love games (card, board, and video). Occasionally you'll find me at a weekend campout where DJs play all day and all night; e.g. Goa Gil's Memorial Meltdown. And I'm Buddhist. *heh*

I think that just about covers anything you'll ever want to know about me. ;)

Byron 12-19-2010 07:20 PM

Hello, and welcome to Tropical Fish Keeping. Glad you found us.

Byron.

stevenjohn21 12-19-2010 07:29 PM

Welcome, looking forward to pics.

aunt kymmie 12-20-2010 10:54 AM

Welxome to TFK! I'd love to see some pics too, especially of your moon jelly. Share, please. :-D

badxgillen 12-20-2010 02:10 PM

nice

soounds like you are definitly into the aquatic scene...could we see the jelly..what are you feeding it..well welcome aboard the forum...see yah around.

tanker 12-20-2010 08:08 PM

Hi and welcome. I love apple snails too, but mine are all single... Maybe I should pair some up and see what happens.

I'll have to google your hobbies. Apart from yoga, I don't know what they are.

I hope you like the forum and I'd like to see the pictures of your tanks too.

dfbiggs 12-20-2010 08:18 PM

Hi shunyata! Welcome to TFK...I see you are a fellow invert lover..I also have nerites & apples.

shunyata 12-21-2010 12:21 AM

Better yet, how about a video? :)

Orange the Jelly

I also added several pics to my profile. Enjoy! :)

shunyata 12-21-2010 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanker (Post 539025)
I'll have to google your hobbies. Apart from yoga, I don't know what they are.

These websites cover my other hobbies:

Home of Poi - For all your Poi, Fire and Juggling needs.
Hooping.org | Blog | Introduction to Hooping
Fire Groove's DVD Staff Groove Basics, Staff Dancing, poi, and fire

:)

dfbiggs 12-21-2010 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shunyata (Post 539253)
Better yet, how about a video? :)

Orange the Jelly
YouTube - Orange the Jelly

I also added several pics to my profile. Enjoy! :)

Most people on here know in my life long dreams I want a jelly tank but thought you really needed a kreisel tank because they are so delicate and need very specific current..just curious how long have you had it?