Tropical Fish Keeping banner

What is the ideal temp

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  leifthebunny 
#1 ·
for a common freshwater angelfish form a petsmart

#4 ·
xxthrwitdwnxx said:
some up date i plan on getting some angle fish, bala sharks, red tail shark theres is enought hiding places its really planted not live plants but lots of cover
Please contemplate further on balas. They will not suit most average private aquaria and are better off in a public aquaria.

#6 ·
herefishy said:
Nix the red tails. Balas are rather hard to keep. Try rasboras, rainbows, or maybe danios. Dwarf cichkids are also a good choice for angels as are festivums.
Agree on the RTS, they tend to be quite aggressive. Rasboras, Rainbows & Danios would be a good choice as they tend to be fairly placid. I would avoid African cichlids, but the South American Cichlids such as Geophagus, Apistogrammas, and such are relatively safe with Angels.

herefishy: Can you please clarify Balas as being hard to keep? I know they tend to get quite large (some reports up to 16"), but I've read that they are pretty hearty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.