Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Tropical Fish Diseases (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/)
-   -   Angel fish have developed yellow head/ foreheads?? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/angel-fish-have-developed-yellow-head-56637/)

Backer 12-03-2010 12:38 AM

Angel fish have developed yellow head/ foreheads??

Hey guys I will upload pictures later, but for some reason my white and black angel fish, 2 of the 4 of them seem to have yellow foreheads/heads. I thought maybe it was the tannins from the drift wood but being as my tank is currently battling ich I have removed the wood so it doesn't get stained by the meds. As my water gets clearer and clearer, (no more tannins) I have noticed the yellow heads on these guys more and more. Has anyone seen this before? I am not sure if it is a sickness or not, they don't seem ill at all. Maybe this is just how they develop as they get older?? I dunno. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

AngleFish 12-03-2010 06:17 AM

Hi, dont stress this is normal... I work at an aquarium and have seen this not only at home but at work as well. Some times you will buy a fish being one colour, then once they mature a little bit you may see colours that weren't there before. In my case it was the same, i started with 2 marble black and white angles once they grew to a decent size they had the most beautiful yellow crowns. I would still like to see the pictures fist but am pretty sure you have nothing to worry about! Good luck wit the ich! i would suggest not just going to your local pet shop but go to an actual aquarium the fish normally are from more trusted breeder and should come to you ich free. if you have gouramis they also carry this diseas in thir jeans so be carfull about which ones you choose!!

Backer 12-03-2010 12:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok, so here's the pictures, and I tend to agree with you. We'll see lol And yeah as far as the Ich goes, I made a rookie mistake and took on a fish from a friends tank because he was overstocked and got Ich from it... lesson learned lol

p.s. Im pretty happy with how my pictures came out, being that they were quick ones :)

redchigh 12-11-2010 02:34 PM

wow, that second one belongs in the photo contest. :)

Backer 12-12-2010 09:43 AM

Thanks :) I actually did put in a different picture of one of my Angels in the photo contest this month :) I'm really excited to see how well it does :)

thefishboy 12-12-2010 09:44 AM

That is a lovely angel and is that a GBR behind it...

iamgray 12-12-2010 11:07 AM

That just looks like normal colouring to me... I have a picture of a very similarly coloured angel under the aquarium tab... the tank called Minbar.

Backer 12-12-2010 03:37 PM

Backer 12-12-2010 03:39 PM

Your're right, your in your minbar tank those angels do have very similar colouring to mine, thanks, I wasn't sure if it was normal. :-)