Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater Journals (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/)
-   -   The Roseline Sharks of Tanglerose (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/roseline-sharks-tanglerose-56558/)

Francis Xavier 12-01-2010 03:13 PM

The Roseline Sharks of Tanglerose

Just thought I would share with you guys this video we made a little while ago. We wanted to put a cool little spin on Roseline Sharks in an environment designed for them that was both cool looking and reminiscent of what we imagine a natural setting for this fish would look like.

I hope you enjoy it!

thefishboy 12-04-2010 04:21 AM

Wow that is so cool. Nice and simple but it does look a little bit crowded.

small fry 12-04-2010 08:12 AM

Wow! Nice setup! I love the wood, but probably not as much as those sharks do!

(this is my 400th POST!!! Sorry, I have milestones in strange places)

Inga 12-04-2010 09:34 AM

very cool video, nice set up. LOVE the squeaky clean looking water.

aunt kymmie 12-04-2010 10:21 AM

Great tank, nice fish!
I have a shoal of them also and they are some of the prettier F/W fish available, IMO.
Like the ones in the video mine love hanging out under and amongst the driftwood. I like the aquscape of this tank but I like seeing them against a black background with lots of greenery in the tank, if only because that is what truly makes their colors really *pop*.

What kind of filtration is on this tank??

jsenske 12-06-2010 12:44 PM

Thanks all!

Philosophically, for me, not every tank requires live plants/greenery-- I do tanks with plants and without depending on the vision and goals of the aquascape.

Filtration is Eheim 2217.

aunt kymmie 12-06-2010 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsenske (Post 528234)
Thanks all!

Philosophically, for me, not every tank requires live plants/greenery-- I do tanks with plants and without depending on the vision and goals of the aquascape.

Filtration is Eheim 2217.

I agree, not all tanks have to be planted, but for some reason I sure think all of mine have to be, lol.
When will you post some vids of your planted works of art? I'm sure they are every bit as spectacular as your hardscapes. Show me, show me!!

jsenske 12-06-2010 05:49 PM

I am happy and intend to share on this great forum, but please know our complete portfolio including all planted tanks are on our website. Kind of surprised you haven't looked at it yet! :-(

aunt kymmie 12-06-2010 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsenske (Post 528464)
I am happy and intend to share on this great forum, but please know our complete portfolio including all planted tanks are on our website. Kind of surprised you haven't looked at it yet! :-(

Ooops. I forgot about there being a website. Off to go take a look now.