Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Good Day (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/good-day-55946/)

Cashmeresocks 11-22-2010 10:32 AM

Good Day

4 Attachment(s)
Hello Everyone!

I have been keeping fish for a long time now (11 years), and love it. I have a 10 Gallon tank with different tetras, and a couple of snails. The snails are new, and I quite like them :)

Attached are a few pics. Thanks for reading! :-)

aunt kymmie 11-22-2010 11:56 AM

Welcome to TFK! Nice tank, I love those snails. I wish I could keep some but I'm sure my loaches would pester them to death. We are glad you have joined us. :-)

Romad 11-22-2010 12:39 PM

Great looking tank. And a warmest welcome to the forum :wave:

Cashmeresocks 11-22-2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aunt kymmie (Post 518040)
Welcome to TFK! Nice tank, I love those snails. I wish I could keep some but I'm sure my loaches would pester them to death. We are glad you have joined us. :-)

Thank you :) I never thought snails could be so entertaining haha! We have a daily contest to see who can find them first !
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romad (Post 518078)
Great looking tank. And a warmest welcome to the forum :wave:

Thank you :-)

thefishboy 11-22-2010 01:39 PM

Looks very nice!! What species of tetras are in there??

Cashmeresocks 11-22-2010 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefishboy (Post 518121)
Looks very nice!! What species of tetras are in there??

Thank you.

I have:
1 Red Fin Tetra
2 X-Ray Tetras
3 Strawberry Tetras
1 Spotted Platy
1 Cory Catfish
2 Zebra Snails

thefishboy 11-22-2010 01:49 PM

nice list.......... i would get al leat 2 more corys they are shoaling fish so.....

Cashmeresocks 11-22-2010 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefishboy (Post 518134)
nice list.......... i would get al leat 2 more corys they are shoaling fish so.....

Oh yes, most of them are a shoaling fish, and at one time I did have more of each, but I have since moved far from a fish store and couldnt replace the ones that die. they are old now. The red fin hangs out with the strawberrys, and the X-rays are happy together, but the poor platy is definatly lonley. He is actually a baby from the previous platy's hes all grown up now, and the previous generation is gone. He was a fighter though, he was the only one to grow up (I never did anything special for the fry, I couldnt keep that many fish).

Also, since moving I was worried about shipping fish as I never did it before but my zebra Snails were my first foray into the world of shipping! worked great!

willow 11-22-2010 04:42 PM

hello and welcome.
those are very pretty snails.

Byron 11-22-2010 07:50 PM

Welcome to Tropical Fish Keeping forum. You do have some nice tanks, and the snails are quite striking. Glad you joined us.

Byron.