3K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  Age of Aquariums 
#1 ·
My tang has ich!!! Need help on choosing a cure. His tank mates are:
2 Fiji blue devil damsels
1 sapphire damsel
and 1 engineer goby.

Any advise?

#7 ·
AOA since no one has said it. You need to get him eating alot more and fast if he has ick. In that pic he is very thin. He should be plumped a little more. The reason I state that is that he is a tang and tang are prone to get ick. If it is indeed ick and it gets worse and the fish does stop eating he is gone. Its good to keep them eating when they get ick. I get ick all the time, why I dont know. I dont do anything, my cleaner wrasse gets what he can and the fish survives. They never stop eating or anything like that. I do no treating at all.

#9 ·
I wasnt saying anything about him not eating now. But just watch him because he has ick and is a tad bit on the skinny side. BUt yeah a cleaner wrasse will work.

#12 ·
Age of Aquariums said:
usmc121581 said:
I wasnt saying anything about him not eating now. But just watch him because he has ick and is a tad bit on the skinny side. BUt yeah a cleaner wrasse will work.

I think liveaquaria may have starved it before shipping. :( He is eating alot, so he is doing better about food, but I'm noticing more ich spots. :(
Yes when distributors ship fish they starve them so they dont polute the water.

#14 ·
If your fish stop eating, try feeding flake food from your finger. That worked with my freshwater Silver Dollar when it stopped eating because of ick. Then i moved the fish over to a quarintine tank with ick medication in it, which saved him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.