Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   need help deciding on a fish tank off craigslist, Good buy or no? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/need-help-deciding-fish-tank-off-55724/)

mcb5522 11-18-2010 01:19 PM

need help deciding on a fish tank off craigslist, Good buy or no?

Here is a link to a 125 gallon fish tank, im not sure how good of a buy it is but the price seems be good compared to other tank prices of seen. My fish are just getting to big at the moment and I think this is the tank size to use.

Heres the link: 125 Gallon aquarium setup

Is 500$ a good price with the included accessories or should I just hold out to find a better deal

Also i would keep this as a freshwater setup but im not to sure about the things that would be included

jroush21 11-18-2010 11:07 PM

I think it's a darn good deal but you could always offer a lower price.
Posted via Mobile Device

Romad 11-19-2010 05:39 AM

As long as the tank isn't scratched up, it's a pretty sweet deal. Offer $400 and see if they take it. You'll prolly pay $450 if not.

Good luck. Let us know if you get it.

SinCrisis 11-19-2010 09:41 AM

I would inspect it before buying in person though... check the silicon seals, glass quality, sump quality, etc.

mcb5522 11-19-2010 10:59 AM

I talked him down to 400, just need to know one more thing, I dont know much about sumps and all the things he included, can anyone explain to me what he is offering and if its something to difficult to maintain. I do have extra filters of my own that can house all of the fish but because he adds in his stuff that I just never used before. I have Marine land 100 gallon filters that I could just as easily use but, again I just think it could be easier to use his stuff as long as someone can tell me how to set them up. Thank you for all the replys btw.

PRichs87 11-19-2010 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcb5522 (Post 516167)
I talked him down to 400, just need to know one more thing, I dont know much about sumps and all the things he included, can anyone explain to me what he is offering and if its something to difficult to maintain. I do have extra filters of my own that can house all of the fish but because he adds in his stuff that I just never used before. I have Marine land 100 gallon filters that I could just as easily use but, again I just think it could be easier to use his stuff as long as someone can tell me how to set them up. Thank you for all the replys btw.

Sump advantage is that it adds more water volume to your tank, so your counts (ammonia, nitrate) won't shoot up as fast. Sump is just as easy as a filter to maintain, you just need more of the material to fill in the space. I'd say buy this thing defintely I'm jealous, I've been looking for a deal like this in the chicago area for a while! Just check leaks like everyone says.

They are easy to set up too, it's basically a filter removed from the tank with tubes that connect the water flow to and from the tank.