Tropical Fish Keeping banner

What to feed BN fry for best growth rate?

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  1stAquarium 
#1 ·
I have about 40 BN babies :D (after months of looking for a female BN and then trying to get them to breed!)

What can I feed them for the best growth and health rate? I have been giving them spinach leaves, cucumber etc and they also love the algae wafers which I feed my adults who are in the same tank. What else can I give them? When they are a bit bigger I will occasionally feed them things like frozen bloodworm for a bit extra protein.

Also, would anybody be interested in buying any BNs from me in a few months when they are older?

I've also recently bought a young albino BN, not sure of the sex yet so hopefully will have some albino babies in the future!! :)

#2 ·
Congrat's on the babies, aint they cute? I fed mine Romain lettuce leaves,spirulina pellet's,yellow squash,sweet red bell pepper's,zucchinni,and algae wafer's.
Be careful leaving the male and female together,they can keep producing young rather quickly and soon you could have your hand's full with young fry = frequent small feeding's =frequent water changes to keep water quality good.

#3 ·
Thanks 1077, yep they're very cute!! I have several tanks, friends with tanks, and an LFS (where I bought the breeding pair of adults) who will take the babies should I be overwhelmed!!

Obviously a male BN will breed with several females, but will a female BN breed with more than one male or are they 'partners for life' as far as she is concerned??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.