Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Saltwater Fish (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/saltwater-fish/)
-   -   Identify? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/saltwater-fish/identify-55202/)

Leprichon 11-10-2010 12:30 PM

Identify?

1 Attachment(s)
I aquired my tank (and its inhabitants) from another...I had for about a year now...never saw this creatyure before...it wasnt mentioned by previous owner...I know I didnt buy...what is it...picture is attached...
I also have a white centapede looking thing (lots of legs, maybe an inch long) no picture of that one...

any ideas, id love to hear em

(whoops, picture size too big - just hold down ctrl and press the minus button a few times to see)

bearwithfish 11-10-2010 12:35 PM

sorry to sound rude but that pic is very hard to see clearly... perhaps resizing it or taking another would be more helpful....

thefishboy 11-10-2010 01:15 PM

Agrree with bearwithfish... A better pic would be good,
I will take a guess so far.... It looks a teenie bit like a Khuli Loach?? But thats just a guess...

bearwithfish 11-10-2010 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefishboy (Post 510145)
Agrree with bearwithfish... A better pic would be good,
I will take a guess so far.... It looks a teenie bit like a Khuli Loach?? But thats just a guess...

i was unaware that a Khuli could be in salt water......

thefishboy 11-10-2010 01:48 PM

Completley missed that part!! Khuli Loaches cant!! Sorry

bearwithfish 11-10-2010 02:01 PM

LOL its alright just wanted to find out..... after all some FW fish can be adapted not many granted but i was not sure....

small fry 11-10-2010 03:38 PM

You can see the picture alot better if you zoom out your browser to about 20%. You can see rocks and stuff but I can't see any fish.

Leprichon 11-10-2010 03:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
sry about that...here it is again...

bearwithfish 11-10-2010 08:03 PM

looks like a worm to me they are typical hitch hikers on LR... i have not heard of any problems with them before.... i have a few and they tend to come out at night and eat stuff off the sand... the description of the other one sounds like a bristle worm and also not a major issue... if you end up with a large amount of them then you may be over feeding the tank .... oh and if you really feel the urge to remove a bristle worm do it with tweezers or tongs as the have quite a sting....

Leprichon 11-11-2010 02:32 PM

Im quite sure (from reading and viewing other pics on the web) that I have a peanut worm...kinda gross looking but eats a fair amount of detrius and seems to be largely harmless...I read that shinning a flashlight with a red filter on the lens at night is a great way to view your tank at night (and I might see even more stuff I didnt know I had)...
...the bristle worm (Im pretty sure its one of thoes that I have as well) seems to have differing opinions on its standing in a marine tank (aka is it good or bad)...Im not too concerned about the fish (it seems pretty slow) but I did read it was poisonus and can harm your corals, and should be removed...does this sound correct...