Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater and Tropical Fish (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/)
-   -   Not EATING... EMERGENCY!!!! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/not-eating-emergency-55103/)

mirdad97 11-08-2010 09:04 PM

Not EATING... EMERGENCY!!!!

Guys, my red-tail sharks aren't eating, i did like 3 weeks of research and i am feeding them Nutron Green vegetable diet?? should i change or not? (they were newly added 3 days ago). The good thing is that they eat some food that sinks. I keep them with Kiss. Gourami, guppies, bettas, gold fish and weather loaches

Byron 11-09-2010 12:22 PM

If they are eating some food, I wouldn't worry on that score; not all foods are readily eaten by all fish, especially upon first being moved into a new tank. A larger issue (or it will be) is having three in one tank. As noted in our profile of this fish, one should be on its own in a tank due to their aggressiveness as they mature. And they attain 5 inches and require a 4-foot tank. Please have a read of the profile info on this fish: Epalzeorhynchos bicolor. Clicking the shaded name takes you to the profile.

mirdad97 11-10-2010 07:28 AM

After the time u told me i coundlt have kiss. gouramis iw ent out and bout a 55 gal. tnank... LOL FML

JK
3 Kissing Gourami
2 Gold Fish
4 Guppies (breeding)
4 Siamese fighter fish / Betta
1 Weather loachl
1 Turtle
1 Plecostomos

Byron 11-10-2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mirdad97 (Post 510006)
After the time u told me i coundlt have kiss. gouramis iw ent out and bout a 55 gal. tnank... LOL FML

JK
3 Kissing Gourami
2 Gold Fish
4 Guppies (breeding)
4 Siamese fighter fish / Betta
1 Weather loachl
1 Turtle
1 Plecostomos

That's fine on the 55g, good move; having 3 sharks is still problematic though.

thefishboy 11-10-2010 12:59 PM

I donbt know but arnt sharks ominvores?? So they will eat meat and you are feeding them vegatable food?? Plus in your signature i see you have 2 gold fish in that tank 2???

mirdad97 11-12-2010 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefishboy (Post 510132)
I donbt know but arnt sharks ominvores?? So they will eat meat and you are feeding them vegatable food?? Plus in your signature i see you have 2 gold fish in that tank 2???

ya they get on fine. i got them as babies and now they're getting really big. cant w8

small fry 11-12-2010 05:26 AM

So what are you going to do with the goldfish?

(aren't goldfish coldwater?) Can goldfish be kept in tropical conditions?

Mikaila31 11-13-2010 01:31 PM

no goldfish can not be kept in tropical conditions. And those sharks once they mature will declare war on each other till you only have one left. Or at least one strong one and 2 really stressed out ones, which won't last long.