Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hi Everyone, from Toronto, Canada! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/hi-everyone-toronto-canada-54993/)

KatG 11-07-2010 12:32 AM

Hi Everyone, from Toronto, Canada!

Hi Everyone,

I stumbled on this site this evening. It's great!

I'm born and raised in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

I'm a new aquarist. I was working in a school library and there was a fish tank with a Hoplo Cat and a Bronze Cory. They were all in really in bad condition and the kids were constantly banging on the glass and scaring the bejezus out of the poor little things. We tried to give them and the tank away to no avail, until it was suggested that I take them. I had the room, so I did. That was back in May (2010) and my two little 'rescue fish' are doing really well :) I've added some others to the tank: Two Panda Corys, a Schwartz's Cory, a Slate Cory and six Tiger Barbs (the latter were a gift - truthfully I'd rather just stick to the Cat's).

My tank is a 30 US Gallon/ 115 Litre tank. I have one 'real' plant... though i forget what it's called. I hope to be getting more.

Have been thinking of getting another tank now too, but have to be careful! When I was a little, little kid, my dad had 32 (!) tanks of fish, so it runs in my blood! Apparently some of my first words were "Jack Dempsey". Really it's a wonder that it's taken me this long to get my first tank!

Nice to be here. Looking forward to learning from the people on here.

:) Kat

tanker 11-07-2010 01:30 AM

Hi and welcome. Yes, you've got to watch that MTS (multiple tank syndrome). A lot of us are afflicted :-)

Romad 11-07-2010 07:14 AM

Hi Kat and welcome to the forum.

Growing up with 32 tanks could have either sent you running and screaming away from fish for life or set you up for multiple tanks LOL. It looks ike you're carrying on the love of fish in your family.

KatG 11-07-2010 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romad (Post 507928)
Hi Kat and welcome to the forum.

Growing up with 32 tanks could have either sent you running and screaming away from fish for life or set you up for multiple tanks LOL. It looks ike you're carrying on the love of fish in your family.

Thanks, Romad :)

I actually have no memory of the tanks at all, I was very small. My mom says she'd just plunk me down in front of them (better "babysitter" than tv- ha ha)

...which also explains why I sit for hours watching my little swimmers. In fact they replaced the tv that I never turned on. Funny how that worked out - full circle!

badxgillen 11-07-2010 03:21 PM

hello

sounds like you care about your fish...glad to have you aboard...see yah around the forum...ADIOS...

willow 11-07-2010 04:31 PM

hello and welcome. :)

Hamstern 11-07-2010 04:47 PM

Welcome

Welcome to the site!Hope you have a great time!Bye!:-D

livefishcam 11-07-2010 05:21 PM

you need to get your self some kissing fish :-P

then you will get a better affect :lol:

SinCrisis 11-16-2010 04:24 PM

Corys are so much fun to keep, I used to keep 10 little pygmy corys and they would sweep the bottom in their little school.

Good luck with your tank! and welcome to the forum