Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Accessorizing

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  binaryjripper 
#1 ·
Where can I buy a background a little house for my fish tank?

#5 ·
'Accessorizing' is often the most fun part of setting up a tank.

Backgrounds are sold at most pet stores and can be very beneficial for fish. It provides them with closure, knowing that nothing is coming at them from that side of the tank. If your tank is against a wall then this will end up being purely decorative I suppose. Try and get one that fits with your theme. I once had a river-ish background, which fit nicely with my river-like setup. Then I changed my tank interior and there currently is no background.

As far as shelters go, I find that almost all fish prefer natural shelters. That is, hiding spots produced by the stacking of rocks, the placement of driftwood, plants, etc.. I have two artificial caves and almost no fish have settled in them. They're all concentrated around the woods and plants. Not to say they won't go in constructs, they will just favor a nice (SECURE and STABLE) stacking of wood or rocks to a plastic house.

#6 ·
you can even make your own background. by using pictures of plants or whatever you like.

and as for the cave check out the DIY section on here. there is a really good thread called "im excited" by a user called saint :wink:

those caves look awesome :lol:

#7 ·
saint said:
you can even make your own background. by using pictures of plants or whatever you like.

and as for the cave check out the DIY section on here. there is a really good thread called "im excited" by a user called saint :wink:

those caves look awesome :lol:
Nothing quite like blowing your own trumpet :p

In all seriousness though, it's good. You should check it out.

#9 ·
I shall go forth and make a cave that will be so realistic that it will creep me out when I look into it.

Hopefully I don't end up killing my fish with the chemicals used to make it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.