Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Livebearers (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/livebearers/)
-   -   My endlers are attecking my guppies (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/livebearers/my-endlers-attecking-my-guppies-54611/)

MCraig 10-31-2010 01:50 PM

My endlers are attecking my guppies

:-(

Hi can anyone help, my tropical fish tank was doing fine i have 8 guppies 3 mollies 9 neons two tigerbarbs. They we happy enough untill my girfreind wanted to get a few more. fine i though and we brought 3 endlers, after the shop keeper said that they are communial, from the monment they we put in they have beeing chaseing the guppies trying to nip them around there fins, they keep showning there colours to each other, i am worrie they are not communical bit now my guppies are at each other and the endlers are start to chase my mollies, this does not look like peacefull playfullness. all my guppies and endlers are male Any ideas what has happen to my tank?

many thanks to anyone whop replys.

Mc

thefishboy 10-31-2010 02:34 PM

Do you now what sex there are?? Its nothing un-normal!
Endlers and guppys can breed to make hybrids they are in the same family, you may have female guppys and male endlers and the endlers are chasing the female guppys??1 You need to check how many females to males you have you should have 1 male to 2 or 3 or 4 females.

MCraig 10-31-2010 02:41 PM

thank you for your reply

yeah all of them are male the guppies and endlers they all have long fins on underbellies rather than the fan fin i have seen on female pics on the internet , one endler i am not sure of but 90% sure he is male, he is verys smalll but still aggresstive. but almost a hundred percent i have only males.

thefishboy 10-31-2010 02:44 PM

Then thats should be ok just keep an eye out there justshowing off to each other and setting a hierachy!

MCraig 10-31-2010 02:51 PM

Thanks for your help

you dont think they will hurt each other too back that i may lose some over the night hard to keep my eyes off them right now but they have clamed down a bit now

thefishboy 10-31-2010 02:54 PM

If you are worried do you have a spare tank to separate them the last thing you want is dead fish!

MCraig 10-31-2010 02:58 PM

no i dont this is my first attempt at keeping fish however they have really clamed down now and are busy chasing there shaddows and were some are still at it they have almost stopped i think your right it was just a heirachy thing, will check on them tonight if still at it tomorrow the endlers will have to go back to the shop.

thanks for all your help

Mc

thefishboy 10-31-2010 03:03 PM

Thats ok wee here to help!!! Hope allgoes well, pm me if there are any further developments :-):-)

MCraig 10-31-2010 03:04 PM

will do thanks

fryup 11-01-2010 05:45 AM

basically all that is happening is the males are displaying for dominance in your tank , they will all be ok :):):)