Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Fish Breeding (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/fish-breeding/)
-   -   Which fish breeds faster? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/fish-breeding/fish-breeds-faster-54367/)

GreenPlanet 10-26-2010 09:13 PM

Which fish breeds faster?

I was just wondering which fish breeds faster!! I want to which fish can multiply its number so quickly.

car0linab0y 10-26-2010 09:55 PM

feeder guppies?

GreenPlanet 10-26-2010 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by car0linab0y (Post 500774)
feeder guppies?

How often they breed ? I had guppies in my tank, Dont have them anymore. from fry how long does it takes to breed them ?

car0linab0y 10-26-2010 10:39 PM

never had guppies myself, but I know they have hundres of fry from one mating. I think my swordtails started getting knocked up after about 2 months from birth.

GreenPlanet 10-26-2010 10:50 PM

car0linab0y I had swordtail too. both of them were female and pregnant both of them died some days ago.

Is there any other fish who is fast breeder?

car0linab0y 10-26-2010 10:51 PM

as far as I know guppies are the fastest. they don't have as far to grow before they're full size.

kald 10-27-2010 08:37 AM

Platys and Variatus platys?

Fun stuff :)

redchigh 10-27-2010 02:05 PM

Livebearers are fast breeders.... (platys, guppies, swordtails, mollies)

After that, I'd say the easiest fish to breed are rosy red minnows- also sold as feeder fish.
They are egg layers, but they build a next and the male guards the fry.

Why are you wondering? Looking for good feeder fish?
I'd probably look for some endler-guppy hybrids- Guppies eat their own young, while endlers tend not to.

Ghost shrimp and Red cherry shrimp are extremely easy to breed... With the RCS, in optimum conditions, a colony can grow by about 20% every week or so.

GreenPlanet 10-27-2010 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by car0linab0y (Post 500823)
as far as I know guppies are the fastest. they don't have as far to grow before they're full size.

Do you know. After breeding once how long they need to breed again ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kald (Post 501003)
Platys and Variatus platys?

Fun stuff :)

I never had platy fish before but I was planning for some. I like livebarers. Breeding is fun I guess. I hope very soon my Molly will give birth :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by redchigh (Post 501138)
Livebearers are fast breeders.... (platys, guppies, swordtails, mollies)

After that, I'd say the easiest fish to breed are rosy red minnows- also sold as feeder fish.
They are egg layers, but they build a next and the male guards the fry.

Why are you wondering? Looking for good feeder fish?
I'd probably look for some endler-guppy hybrids- Guppies eat their own young, while endlers tend not to.

Ghost shrimp and Red cherry shrimp are extremely easy to breed... With the RCS, in optimum conditions, a colony can grow by about 20% every week or so.

Thanks mate I have paty and molly . I am not looking for feeder fish for now as I dont have any big fish yet :) . As I am getting a new tank for me, I want to use my old tank for breeding lots of fast growing fish thats why I was asking this question :) . Breeding lots of fish in my tank will make me happy :D And the shrip thing you said is cool I will bring some shirmp too. but Can they live with Dwarf blue gouramis ?

fish joey 10-27-2010 07:22 PM

Guppies ......I read some where... breed like alley cats:lol:....durning my personal great guppy explosion of 2009......we had allot ....one insemination can give you three differnt birth of fry ..not sure my terminalogy is correct here or spelling in other words about every 21 days .......