Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   Got my first tropical fish!!! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/got-my-first-tropical-fish-54265/)

thefishboy 10-25-2010 10:10 AM

Got my first tropical fish!!!

I got my first tropical fish!!Woo hooo, i got them from a realy good pet shop!!
I got as follow,
1 blue black male guppy
1 red tailed male guppy
1 orange female sword tail
1 spotted orange/gold molly
1 male platy
2 female platys.
They are currently floating in the bag for an hour but i will try and take some pics when there in the tank!!!

thefishboy 10-25-2010 12:00 PM

Never new quite how amazing fish are!! Who needs a tv, my molly is constantly swimming up and down round and round and my guppys are going in and out of my filter flow!!

small fry 10-25-2010 12:33 PM

Congrats on your new fish!:-D

Is the tank arleady cycled or are you going to do that with fish?

Good luck with your fish!

fish joey 10-25-2010 01:00 PM

Whoa ...thats allot of fish all at once ...hope they all work out ...I am very happy for you..looking forward to photos :-)

thefishboy 10-25-2010 01:03 PM

I tried to take some pics but there to fast!!!
I am cycling with fish was intending on just platys but got the others instead!! They are quite small about an inch a peice!!
But my male platys is absoloutley beatiful!!!!

SinCrisis 10-25-2010 01:19 PM

Thats a lot of fish for a cycle, do you have live plants? If not, I think you will have a pretty big ammonia spike. You will need to test your water everyday and do the necessary water changes...

Also, looking at your sig, your hopeful build will be way overtstocked for a 26g. For the fish you want, you need closer toa 46g tank. Esp with the dwarf gouramis and the live bearer fry that will inevitably occur.

small fry 10-25-2010 01:21 PM

I agree with sincrisis. Don't underestimate the power of the cycle!

thefishboy 10-25-2010 01:32 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Hers some pics
1.My male platy, 2 guppys and ornage female sword tail.
Is it right for the black guppys back to be arched you cant really see it in the pic but from his pectoral fins to his tail its bent and he looks like hes having a lil trouble swimming?
2,Male platy
3.Yellowy ornage female mickey mouse platy
4.Orange female swordtail
5.Male platy/ female platy- Love birds!!!
6.The 2 lovebirds again

fish joey 10-26-2010 08:05 AM

Hey.... they are colorful......dont you wish they would swim still for photos :-D

thefishboy 10-26-2010 08:21 AM

Sorry i didnt post before my computer didnt show me i had any posts!!!
I do have lots of live plants!! Getting more tommorrow i have co2 and very thick substrate gravel.
I just had my water tested and the ammonia is zero and the nitrate is 80 and the nitrite is 5, Im doing 30 percent water changes for the next 4 days, to get the ammonia down then i will take my water back for a further testing but all the fish are happier than yesterday! aND IN MY SIGNATURE THATS WHAT I HOPEFULLY WANT TO HAVE IT DOESNT MEAN I WANT ALL OF THEM JUST SOME OF THEM! Sorry bout caps lock! :-):-?:|