Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   DIY Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/diy-aquarium/)
-   -   funny stories of mal funtions on our DIY projects (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/diy-aquarium/funny-stories-mal-funtions-our-diy-53990/)

kitten_penang 10-20-2010 02:02 PM

funny stories of mal funtions on our DIY projects

my DIY pipe system mal functioned today and i flooded my aquarium room.looks like i'm not so handy after all lol

SinCrisis 10-20-2010 03:11 PM

oh no... are your fish ok?

kitten_penang 10-21-2010 03:29 AM

theres a trap to prevent fish from being sucked in.only the tiny ones can get through.luckily the pipe connected to the tank was only 4 inches deep in water

bearwithfish 10-21-2010 07:26 AM

funniest DIY story i have ... must be only one right???

building my return plumbing i PVC glued myself to the pipe LOL it took a little to get separated from that mess.. truns out that stuff can stay on you for a few days after you get off the PVC LOL

jeaninel 10-21-2010 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearwithfish (Post 496984)
funniest DIY story i have ... must be only one right???

building my return plumbing i PVC glued myself to the pipe LOL it took a little to get separated from that mess.. truns out that stuff can stay on you for a few days after you get off the PVC LOL

LOL. We'll have to start calling you Tim "the toolman" Taylor (from Home Improvement). :lol:

bearwithfish 10-21-2010 12:56 PM

if you only knew the half of it my friend.. if you only knew the half...

kitten_penang 10-22-2010 03:43 AM

wished my gum was that strong.my pipe gave way because the gum din't hold.

ram50 11-15-2010 11:18 AM

well on my latest DIY I found to my surprise that I had super glued my middle finger to a piece of PVC. :lol:. It was very funny after the first round of shock went away!!!! I looked at the wife and said " this ain't even funny" then we both started to laugh uncontrollably. What was so surprising is that I made sure to keep that hand away from the portion that was being glued. Guess i didn't do so well. :shock: then we started to go through the jokes of going to the ER and trying to explain why I had a 29" piece of PVC glued to my middle finger!!!!!!!!. Thanks to fingernail polish remover I was able to extract my finger from the PVC but now it has my finger print on it in super glue!!!!!!!

hope y'all have a good laugh!!!!!

jeaninel 11-15-2010 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ram50 (Post 513485)
well on my latest DIY I found to my surprise that I had super glued my middle finger to a piece of PVC. :lol:. It was very funny after the first round of shock went away!!!! I looked at the wife and said " this ain't even funny" then we both started to laugh uncontrollably. What was so surprising is that I made sure to keep that hand away from the portion that was being glued. Guess i didn't do so well. :shock: then we started to go through the jokes of going to the ER and trying to explain why I had a 29" piece of PVC glued to my middle finger!!!!!!!!. Thanks to fingernail polish remover I was able to extract my finger from the PVC but now it has my finger print on it in super glue!!!!!!!

hope y'all have a good laugh!!!!!

LOL yeah, that super glue is pretty strong and instant stuff. I used to work for a manufacturing company where we used super glue occasionally and there were a couple times I accidentally glued my fingers together.

kitten_penang 11-16-2010 03:18 PM

seriously.the last time my aunt glued her finger together they had to do a minor operation to saperate them.