Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   New Here (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/new-here-53899/)

Biemowo 10-18-2010 08:06 PM

New Here

Well I decided it was time to join an aquarium forum seeing as I'm a member in a forum about every other aspect of my life, my Car, Truck, Droid, and many other miscellaneous hobbies, so an aquarium forum was only natural. After all, I was getting really tired of sifting through google for answers to questions that only truly experienced people could answer.

Current set ups:
  • 5 gallon Marineland Hex with a comet goldfish and a common. Both about 1.5" in length at 2 years old. Lightly planted with a couple hardy moneywort and a red lilly. Yes, I am forever doing water changes to keep it clear.

• 10 gallon with Marineland Penguin 100 Filter, Marineland Stealth Pro heater, and Hagen Power-Glo lighting, 6 neon tetras, and 4 red minor tetra, moderately planted so far.
How I started:
I remember as a kid my dad had an amazing tank which I presume was about 35 gallons with a few angel's and other assorted tropicals, though they all died abruptly and he never restarted it. Other than that I never had any pet growing up. Now, some 15yrs later, my girlfriend got me 2 goldfish a sort of a joke for my birthday and I got hooked on fish keeping.

Romad 10-18-2010 08:13 PM

Hi there Biemowo,

Welcome to the forum/addiction. I started out with a 45 gallon hex that my bf bought for x-mas and am now suffering from MTS (multiple tank syndrome). I've got a 75 gallon community, 10 gallon betta, 5 gallon betta, and 5 - 2.5 gallon betta tanks. The 45 will be set back up when we build a family room this winter.

eatmysox 10-18-2010 08:35 PM

Hey, Welcome to the forum, looking forward to seeing you around.
I also have MTS, I started with a little 2.5 my girlfriend used to have as a child. I now have a 30 gallon cichlid, a 30 gallon semi aggressive, am working on a 30 gallon community. a ten gallon planted a 20 gallon cichlid grow out and a bunch of other little tanks with stuff in it. The fish are taking over the house so watch out for it. :p Ohhh and my girlfriend and I have decided to try to breed bettas :p that will be a lovely undertaking with a whole bunch of little tanks sitting around the house.

tanker 10-18-2010 08:55 PM

Welcome. Yes, you've got to watch for MTS. There are a lot of sufferers on here. First one tank, then another, then.... :lol:

Biemowo 10-18-2010 10:27 PM

Yeah I've had to talk myself out of getting a 20gallon-long tank...I have to have self control seeing as I live in a dorm room and its hard enough to maintain these two.
Posted via Mobile Device

aunt kymmie 10-18-2010 10:33 PM

Welsome to TFK, Biemowo. I, too, also started out with a Marineland 6gl tank, and now have five tanks set up, two gl, one 10gl long, a 75gl and my pride and joy, my 100gl Discus tank. All my tanks are planted, except the 10gl which serves as a Hospital/QT tank. Consider yourself warned...LOL.
We are really glad you joined us. :wave:

willow 10-19-2010 04:32 PM

hello and welcome.
hope you'll be very happy here :)

badxgillen 10-19-2010 08:56 PM

hello

this is one of the friendliest and informitive sites out there ....glad you joined us...have you tried any shrimps they dont need alot of space...see yah around..ADIOS...

Byron 10-28-2010 05:41 PM

Hi, and welcome to Tropical Fish Keeping forum.

Byron.