Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Ancient Fish (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/ancient-fish/)
-   -   BGK has something attatchedor coming out of the bottom of its neck! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/ancient-fish/bgk-has-something-attatchedor-coming-out-53770/)

ghostgirl 10-16-2010 02:05 PM

BGK has something attatchedor coming out of the bottom of its neck!

I bought 2 black ghost knife fish 2 weeks ago. I think they are both males from all the pictures and descriptions. Twist has something that almost looks like a white bloodworm attatched to the underside of his neck approximately were the opening for the eggs would be if he were/is a she. I feed them frozed bloodworms so that wouldn't be what it is right? He is acting normal. Oh and he has also seemed to gain a lot of weight all of a sudden were his brother Shout is the same size.

Spooki 10-16-2010 02:35 PM

Any chance you could get a picture?
Is it coming from the vent or is it just near the vent?

The sudden weight gain and "worm" could be a sign of internal parasites.

ghostgirl 10-16-2010 02:40 PM

It has gone away now and I can't really tell if it was in the vent or not. If it comes back I will try to get a pic thanks

fish joey 10-16-2010 08:23 PM

I only learned of these fish several weeks ago..I think they are awesomE and creppy at the same time.......PLEASE KEEP US POSTED OF THEIR PROGRESS AND PHOTOS IF POSSIBLE.....DONT MEAN TO CAP THIS COMPUTER IS DRIVING ME CRAZY.......HUBS SAYS ITS ON ITS LAST LEGS

ghostgirl 10-17-2010 08:07 AM

Twist seems do be doing fine. I haven't seen it again yet and he is chasing shout around the tank as always. My husband said that the seem to be eating more than they were last week which may explain the weight gain. I had also changed 25% of the water and I let the plants float. They seem to be enjoying that more than when they were "buried" in the gravel. I will try to get pics but they are so quick!

ghostgirl 10-18-2010 08:29 AM

omg lol

let me just say that I feel like a total "waterhead" (lol) He was pooping lol. All of a sudden this morning as I was watching him it dawned on me their anus' are not were other fishes are! duh!!!! lol and than he pooped again. please forgive me. like I said though I only had them 2 weeks.

Spooki 10-18-2010 01:23 PM

White feces can be a sign of a number of diseases but if it's normal and brownish now i wouldn't worry.

ghostgirl 10-18-2010 01:41 PM

all normal today thanks

mcb5522 10-25-2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostgirl (Post 495035)
all normal today thanks

I had one but sadly hes no longer with me, he used to like bamboo sticks with the swirls and go in and out of the swirls and i made him little caves everywhere. He seemed to like them alot