i can't get them to acept each other
i am trying to get a new color
got 3 fancy guppies
male-yellow color
bigger female-bluish body and blue spotted tail
smaller female-halfblack
got any tips on breeding them

#2 ·
you got them 2 days ago and you want to force them to mate??? slow down it doesnt work that way. i bet it's a new tank as well. the water needs to be in good condition and the females have to be ready and willing before they can mate. don't worry too much guppies don't have to have a certain partner.when the females pregnant the males will chase her all over the tank.theres no need for you to force them to except each other.its just silly to do that.

#18 ·
LOL Right?

If you truly want them to mate, having one male to several females is the way to go. Think about what you are going to do with all the babies though. They have several, they grow fast and then you will need to remove the babies and separate by sex or you will have all kinds of inbreeding going on. I am sure it is normal to some degree but from what I have read, it makes for weaker fish.

#4 ·
the baby's come out alive and will be able to swim straight away. make sure theres is floating plants on the top of the water for them too hide or the parents or other fish will eat them.

#6 ·
look out for white spots on the fish. it's called ich and it's very common but if you don't cure them they will die. warm water usually keeps ich at bay. leave the lights on to heat the tank. use a thermometer and see whats the temp like. plants hate warm water make sure it doesn't go above 30

#9 ·
well in some cases the gravid spot will be nearly black and the fish will swell like a ballon.you will find the male nippig at her side.thats when she will give birth to new babies.

no gravid spot=no preggie

#12 ·
how come?

#14 ·
ouch that fungus.very bad.the water must be dirty.better do a water change

#16 ·
your male was just displaying to your female, it means he wanted to mate with her :):):)
Posted via Mobile Device

#17 ·
do more frequent water changes to make sure the water clean.

#19 ·
hehehe my tanks filling up real good.

#21 ·
poor thing.you still have the fungus problem don't you

#23 ·
look for sign.like cotton growths on the fish.if it's still there then the new fish will get it and die too and you'll be wasting your money

#24 ·
Honestly, I had 2 males die as well over a few month period. There is nothing wrong with anyone else in the tank. I suspect they were just weak individuals. That or the females got sick of them pestering them and pummeled him. There were no signs of distress or disease on my fish though.

If your female shows signs of disease, clear it up before adding anyone to the tank. Remember several females to one male. Also, I hope you have a place to bring the babies one they are born or your tank will be over stocked in no time. Over stocking the tank has dangers in itself. High ammonia, death to the fish. Proceed with care.

#26 ·
should be more females then males

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.