Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Does this setup sound alright?

975 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Calmwaters 
#1 ·
I have a 26 gallon tank with a sand substrate. Im going to have have 5 female bettas, 6 kuhli loaches, 6 corydoras and maybe a bristlenose pleco later on. I was just wondering for the kuhli loaches, would they be ok if 3 was black and the other 3 were the regular orange and black colour? The same with the corydoras, would it be ok if 3 were bronze and the other 3 were peppered? Im also going to put driftwood wood in the tank and it is going to be well planted. Is there any aspects of this tank I hsould be concerned about? If the cories cant be mixed, which one would you reccomend? Same deal with the kuhlis. The black or the usual orange and black ones?

#2 ·
I personally can't speak for the kuhli's, but the cory's will for sure be ok if you mix and match them, I keep a midnight cory and an albino and they're fine. I don't see any major kinks with the tank, other than you don't really have much going on as far as fish that will swim in your mid range minus the female bettas. Everything else is a ground feeder. But hope my info helps and good luck to you :)

#4 ·
Different corys will not shoal together they need to be at least in groups of 3 of the same kind to feel safe. I am not sure about the loaches as I have only had the black kind as they are the only ones I have been able to find around here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.