Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   1 week till i get the tank.. hopefully!!! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/1-week-till-i-get-tank-53315/)

thefishboy 10-09-2010 10:42 AM

1 week till i get the tank.. hopefully!!!

! week toi hopefully getmy tank!!!!!It will hopefullybe a 25gallon 100l tank
so first thing.......
Can you have goldfish in a tropical tank or not!!!! Every1 says different things, its so annoying, i might just get rid of my goldfish even though i love them but it opens my possibilities? Right?
But in the new tank im hopefully gettin, i really wanted to have bredding guppys or platys, but no one would be able to take the fry, so could i have 2 female platys and1 male and they can have babies and let nature take its cause?? It will be a planted tank hope fully!!
Is there any other fish i could have which arnt to hard and very colourful so i can have a lot going on in the tank. It will hopefullybe a 25gallon 100l tank
i was thinking
4-5 panda corys
3 platys
3-4 male guppys is there any other fish icould have thnx!!

kitten_penang 10-09-2010 10:50 PM

wow i thought your parents wanted to ban you from keeping fish.did you find your snake yet?

BEARitone 10-09-2010 11:21 PM

"Can you have goldfish in a tropical tank?"

Goldfish need water to be at 65 to 68 degrees, NEVER above 74, with most tropical fish enjoying a range of 74-82 you cut out every option. Higher temperatures will cause permanent damage to the goldfish as well as making them susceptible to disease(most frequently is swim bladder problems, usually resulting in death)

It doesn't really matter either way, a 25 gallon tank is enough room for 2 fully grown goldfish. They are messy and sensitive to ammonia/nitrites/nitrates, so a large amount of water and space is required for each.

thefishboy 10-10-2010 03:53 AM

kittten- my mum did but im allowed only 1 fish tank and i think i would prefer tropical, and no i didnt find my snake but some one found a baby cornsnake on the next street so i took it and no one has cliamed for it so its mine!!!!
bearitone- ok i thought u couldnt but people say u can 'acclimatize them' but i didnt quite think that was right!! Wat about that list is there any thing else i could add??
thnx

fish joey 10-10-2010 07:51 AM

Sorry you didn't find your snake I was afraid to ask...(good thing Kittens not shy)Ha!!.......So let me get this straight, you now have someone else's snake that was out roaming the streets?....... maybe someone in turn has yours!!!!!!! Any way glad your getting your fish soon I knew your Mum would come around .........

kitten_penang 10-10-2010 09:08 AM

yeah mom said to dad.it's better to let him have fishes and a snake then have a dog at home drooping fur and saliva all over the place

thefishboy 10-10-2010 10:58 AM

yeh lol, well im hoping somebody has her!! What do u think about stocking the tank??
i wanted to add a pair of kribs in there to??! Anything else??

kitten_penang 10-11-2010 03:50 PM

kribensis hmm.. it's a chilid won't it go after the guppies? once you keep guppies it narrows doown the types you can add. other then the normal tetras, killies, and other small harmless fishes