Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Saltwater Aquarium Equipment (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/saltwater-aquarium-equipment/)
-   -   RODI system (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/saltwater-aquarium-equipment/rodi-system-53221/)

DisneyCoralReef 10-07-2010 08:11 PM

RODI system

So here I am, about to order the system online, but it's asking me what size of " GPD Membrane Size and Water Connection" I need. How do I know? I am so using the excuse of being a women on this one(technically I am), and I dont know how I find out what I need :-?

This is the one I am looking at getting: Aquarium Water | Reverse Osmosis | RODI Water | ReefKeeper Water | Typhoon 5 stage RODI Reefkeeper 75 GPD

Help!!

DisneyCoralReef 10-08-2010 06:22 PM

Anyone?

pretzelsz 10-08-2010 10:57 PM

What amount of water do you use? In my opinion 75 GPD might be better then the 100 GPD because it will remove more...but it is up to you.

Depends on how much you use to...if you use ALOT of water then 100 GPD.

DisneyCoralReef 10-09-2010 09:51 AM

That's something that is very good to know! I probably would have bought the 100. Thanks for the input.

reefsahoy 10-09-2010 11:23 PM

i have a 75g/day. what this means is that i can make 3 gallons per hour. if you need to make a 10% water change on your 75 gallon you'll need 3 hours to make enough water for your salt mix. if you are going to make evap water, consider how much water you'll need to make for your container. since i have an ATO it really doesn't matter because i evap about 3 gallons a day which the RO can easily handle. to make your first batch of 75 gallons you'll need to run your ro for almost one entire day to fill your tank.

BTW, I'm in your country for a visit. I'm in Toronto, CA.

DisneyCoralReef 10-10-2010 12:35 AM

Oh it's great info. More things I had not thought about ahead of time. Toronto? You need to come fly east to Calgary my darling! Can show you around!
Posted via Mobile Device

reefsahoy 10-10-2010 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyCoralReef (Post 489468)
Oh it's great info. More things I had not thought about ahead of time. Toronto? You need to come fly east to Calgary my darling! Can show you around!
Posted via Mobile Device

i may have to take you up on that invite one day! my wife and i love to travel lots. we almost came up winter 2010 for the ice carving event you guys have in Banff but changed our minds and decided to go to Madrid Spain with our daughter in May 2010. In May of 2011, we are going to go to Cinque Terre, and the Amalfai Coast of Italy, then over to the South of France in an artistic little town called Eze for our anniversary.:lol:

DisneyCoralReef 10-10-2010 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reefsahoy (Post 489562)
i may have to take you up on that invite one day! my wife and i love to travel lots. we almost came up winter 2010 for the ice carving event you guys have in Banff but changed our minds and decided to go to Madrid Spain with our daughter in May 2010. In May of 2011, we are going to go to Cinque Terre, and the Amalfai Coast of Italy, then over to the South of France in an artistic little town called Eze for our anniversary.:lol:

Absolutely! we are 15 mins away from Kananaskis and 2 hours away from Banff with LOTS to see along the way. It's snow season(bad road conditions for those not used to it), from December 1 all the way until the end of April or so, so the best time to come visit is right at the beginning of it all where you can come see us during the snow season, but not experience are -50 weather :lol:

Feel free to always pm me and I can help you set this up :-D