Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Where to sell?

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  littomouse 
#1 ·
I've just had a fish give birth to over 30 babies =]. Now I was wondering where do people sell their fish? Do you just go to a pet store (petco etc) and ask if they are buying?

I've seen people selling online, but I don't like the idea of having to ship live fish.

Hope this is right place for this im new :oops: .

#2 ·
I think most people take the babies to a lfs where they will be rehomed. The only thing however is that most lfs's will want the babies to be juvenilles, and not babies, and they may not give you anything for them.

What type of fish it it?

Oh, and congrats on the babies! :)

#3 ·
they are black mollies. I think there's close to 50.

I can let them grow, I have no rush in selling them as babies.

How come they may not pay anything?

Another option is to save about 5, and give the rest away to my dad's tank which is about 200g filled with big fish. I rather not though, i'm not into killing fish =\.

I didn't even know she was going to have any babies and it didn't look like it either, but yesterday I saw 2 babies swimming in my tank and I quickly put her in there. Found about 8 swimming around in the tank and put them in there. The next morning there was a lot more then 8 in the net! But I kept finding more babies in the tank ( netted 13 today). Oh, and I randomly found a baby guppy. Some of my guppies look like they will give birth soon, but none have actually did yet so I was a bit confused when I found it :shock: .

#6 ·
Congratulations. I just got about 50 german blue rams the other day(actually over 100, lost about 1/2). They are pretty strong now. Hey Julie, do you think they will pay any for those german rams? I heard many LFS seels import rams from asia. Mine is home breed, just as good as home brew chicken soup hehe :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.