Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Livebearers (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/livebearers/)
-   -   Got baby fry from my Blonde endlers (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/livebearers/got-baby-fry-my-blonde-endlers-52963/)

eileen 10-03-2010 10:08 PM

Got baby fry from my Blonde endlers

2 Attachment(s)
I looked into my tank this evening and got a bunch of babies from my Blonde endlers that was sent to me a few weeks ago. They were in my Hornwort but I added some more floating plastic plants for them to hide. I just moved them in a 20 gal. tank after rehoming all my bumblebee platies the other day. Good timing. I have 4 blonde female endlers with my 2 red scarlet endlers. Here is a picture of my Red Scarlet endler males. I can't wait to see how the babies will turn out from the Blonde and the Red Scarlet endlers. The guy I got them from only was able to get males. The Red Scarlets are from Thailand. I will post pictures of the fry when they get bigger.

eatmysox 10-03-2010 10:57 PM

Very cool, how many did you get. I just had my first batch of endler fry a few weeks ago, not sure that they are purebred though as the females were kept in a tank at my lfs with Japanese blue sword guppies. I ended up only getting 8 from the first female not sure if there were more and they disappeared some way or another. Good news is that the other one is prego now :D I love the feeling of having fry looking forward to seeing the pics

badxgillen 10-03-2010 11:51 PM

nice

those look exceptional...i wish the LFS here had some of those...all in good time i suppose...

kitten_penang 10-04-2010 04:29 AM

nice going =)

Romad 10-04-2010 04:38 AM

Congratulations. Can't wait to see the pics.

eileen 10-04-2010 10:13 PM

I think my Blonde endler had about 15. I took them all out and put them in a 10 gal. tank to them selfs. I'm going to put a trio in my outside pond next year in the spring time. I lost 1 of the red males yesterday so I only have 1 red male now with 4 females. I'm sure that I will get more babies as another female is really big and the smaller ones might be pregnate. Once I pick out the colors I like I will sell the rest. Maybe some of you might want some in the spring time next year.

eatmysox 10-04-2010 11:04 PM

I would love them :p, not sure how it works shipping fish across a continent though, or across a border for that matter. I just noticed today that one of my female endlers is ready to have more :D

aunt kymmie 10-04-2010 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eileen (Post 486104)
I think my Blonde endler had about 15. I took them all out and put them in a 10 gal. tank to them selfs. I'm going to put a trio in my outside pond next year in the spring time. I lost 1 of the red males yesterday so I only have 1 red male now with 4 females. I'm sure that I will get more babies as another female is really big and the smaller ones might be pregnate. Once I pick out the colors I like I will sell the rest. Maybe some of you might want some in the spring time next year.

Well, you know I want some, put me on the list! Aren't I lucky to be living just up the coast from you? :-)
PS. LOVE the new avatar.

eileen 10-06-2010 09:03 PM

Picture of more blonde endler babies born today

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture I took after fishing out more new babies born today by my female blonde endlers that I have with my Scarlet red male endler.I put them in a clear plastic tote before I moved all of the fry to a 10 gal. just to be safe so they would not get eaten.

kitten_penang 10-11-2010 03:53 PM

babies.... we never get tired of seeing babies.congrats grandma =)