|kat1103 ||04-22-2007 09:41 PM |
I believe my tank has ICH and I need advice ASAP
Thanks to all of those who gave advice about my sick tiger barb. I tested all of my water and the nitrate and nitrite levels were fine. The ammonia was a little high, but I fixed that with a 50% water change. I have been observing my fish closely and have noticed a few of them scratching themselves on rocks and plants. All of the fish also have small white specks on them too! And all of this started after I put my new tiger barb in the tank. So I've come to the conclusion that my tank has ICH. I went to the store and bought medicine for ich that changes the water blue. I added the medication yesterday and changed the water yesterday before and haven't noticed a difference in my fish at all. I'm really worried and I don't want all of them to die. I'm not sure if I should just empty and scrub out the whole tank, wait and see what happens, or what. Please help and give any advice you can! :cry
I have a 20 gallon tank that includes 2 dalmation mollies, 2 tiger barbs, 1 glass fish, and 1 blue dwarf gourami.
|Age of Aquariums ||04-22-2007 09:46 PM |
You need to put them in a quarantine tank, clean out your tank and you will need someone else to tell you the rest but I do know you need to put them in a quarantine tank.
|Lupin ||04-22-2007 09:46 PM |
The med you used was methylene blue. This is harmful to biological filtration. I'd recommend treating with salt at a teaspoon per 5 gallons to be safe. Increase the temperature by 28 degrees Celsius. Removal of meds is done by the use of carbon.
|kat1103 ||04-22-2007 10:13 PM |
I already added salt, but didn't raise the temp. If I already added the medicine should I still raise the temp? Or should I just put all of the fish in another tank with medicine and clean out the infected tank? If so, how long do you wait until you put the fish back in the origianl tank?
|Lupin ||04-22-2007 10:23 PM |
Originally Posted by kat1103
I already added salt, but didn't raise the temp. If I already added the medicine should I still raise the temp?
That is not advisable in ich cases. You will only be adding stress to the fish and ich is already present in your tank. Try varying the diet to raise their immune system while fighting against ich.:)
Or should I just put all of the fish in another tank with medicine and clean out the infected tank? If so, how long do you wait until you put the fish back in the origianl tank?
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 PM. || |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2