Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Livebearers (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/livebearers/)
-   -   i want new fish ...any ideas??? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/livebearers/i-want-new-fish-any-ideas-52257/)

fryup 09-24-2010 05:08 PM

i want new fish ...any ideas???

i want some new fish, my tank looks empty all my guppys will be going soon so my tank willl really be empty, any ideas on what to get.....i want to mtry breeding something do you have any ideas for me ?????

:):):)

pretzelsz 09-24-2010 08:55 PM

Try swordtails or platies if you want livebearers. But they require more space and have a bigger bioload. Another choice is Danios or some egglayers just read up on how to breed them if you so choose. I have swordtails and Danios and My swords are 2nd and 3rd generation(only 3 left).

badxgillen 09-25-2010 12:02 AM

sweet

you could try some kribensis pulcher or taniatus, the rams mikrogeophagus ramerizi, endlers a guppy relative, betta splendens , white clouds, and various danios and barbs....oh and lets not forget the apistogramas...ADIOS...

Chicklet 09-25-2010 06:59 AM

60l so that's a 15 gallon were talkin about.

Cherry barbs are Pretty, Small & easy to raise young from, Just need lots of Java moss for the eggs and young to hide.
White clouds are really neat too, and easy to get spawning's from. java moss is also good for the young & eggs.

I have a 15 here with just Cherry shrimp in it.
Have another I keep my adult mollies into that I plan on keeping young from,
Watersprite or floating mats are good, But you will need a bigger tank to transfer the young too once a few weeks old, mollies can produce big drops at least 100 and the fry are born much bigger than a guppy fry.

Inga 09-25-2010 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fryup (Post 478408)
i want some new fish, my tank looks empty all my guppys will be going soon so my tank willl really be empty, any ideas on what to get.....i want to mtry breeding something do you have any ideas for me ?????

Why are you getting rid of your Guppies? I probably missed that in another thread, sorry. Did you breed Guppies as well? Did you sell the babies? How many tanks do you have? Just curious as I noticed my first baby in the Guppy tank this morning. Don't want an explosion of population and am running through some scenarios in my head as to how to handle it. Is that why you are ridding yourself of Guppies?

fryup 09-25-2010 04:48 PM

wel i just dnt want guppys no more my female had 21 but 7 survived, im going to get swordtail. . To go with the 1 youngster i hav :) il get pics wen i get them :):)
Posted via Mobile Device

fryup 09-27-2010 01:40 AM

im thinking of getting some black/white skirt tetra or neon/cardinal tetras :):):)

will they be ok in my water ???

fryup 09-27-2010 03:46 PM

or a paradise fish what do they need and will it be ok with my other fish??? :):):)

pretzelsz 09-27-2010 04:00 PM

The paradise should be a good choice. just check out the fish profiles save you some time.

fryup 09-27-2010 04:04 PM

nope not getting a paradise fish, they would not be compatable with the fish i have/want.....i think i want to try cross breed platys and swordtails :):):)