1. Size of aquarium (# of gallons)-10 gallons
2. Is your aquarium set up freshwater or saltwater?-freshwater
3. How long the aquarium has been setup?-6 months
4. What fish and how many are in the aquarium (species are important to know)-two common goldfish
5. Are there live plants in the aquarium?-no
6. What make/model filter are you using?-power whisper 10
7. Are you using a CO2 unit?-no
8. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day?-yes
9. When did you perform your last water exchange, and how much water was changed?-2 weeks ago
10.How often and what foods do you feed your fish?-regular goldfish flakes everyday
11.Is your aquarium light incandescent or fluorescent and how often is it kept on?-florescent
I have had these two goldfhish for almost 10 years and the only problem ive ever had is a tumor on the bigger one which we got rid of fairly easily. The problem now is that they seem very lethargic, but dart around every little while. They have sort of a white glaze over their bodies, and have red streaks on their fins. I had just added a new pleco to the tank and i few days later i started to notice this. The pleco dies two days ago. I fear that they will die very soon if they do not recieve some kind of attention. Please post any ideas or suggestions you may have.
P.S. ammonia and nitrite are both low
[info]Nitrite[/info] should be 0. Now for the hard part, your goldfish are in a tank that is WAY to small. You need a 55g with a 100g+ filter. Most people thing goldfish are a beginners fish, there not they are only 12 cents, yet cost hundreds to keep alive, and the worst part: I've never heard of a goldfish living more than 10 or 11 years.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2