Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   Silliest thing you've ever done? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/silliest-thing-youve-ever-done-522/)

Amphitrite 09-18-2006 02:26 PM

Silliest thing you've ever done?

Ok everyone - what's the silliest thing you've ever done? Ever had a moment when you just wanted the ground to open and swallow you up??

Don't be shy, let's hear your stories. I'll start off with one... :twisted:

A couple of years ago I moved into a new flat, and decided to get a spare key cut to give to family in case I lost mine. So in my lunchbreak, I walked up to the nearest cobblers/keycutters. It was really busy in the shop, so I gave the guy behind the counter my key, asked for one copy and told him I would come back to collect it half an hour later.

Anyway, the half hour passed and I went back to the shop to collect my new key. I had to wait a while to get served, and by the time I got to the front of the queue there were quite a few people waiting behind me.

The guy went to get me my key, and handed over two sets. I started to tell him that I had only ordered one key, whereas he had given me two. He started to interupt, but I wouldn't let him. I told him it was his mistake, and that I was only going to pay for one copy.

At this point, the woman behind me in the queue pointed out that they had only cut one copy - the other was the original key!!

The whole shop was falling about laughing... and I can't remember ever feeling more embarrased than I did then http://www.smilies.our-local.co.uk/index_files/lol3.gif

Lupin 09-18-2006 06:37 PM

You and your favorite smiley again.:checkedout:

My silliest moment:
Doing a water change on my tank and in my absent-mindedness, I forgot that I was siphoning back the muck to the tank.:dunno::bluelaugh:

Oceane 09-18-2006 09:22 PM

About ten years back, i had just started a new job, decided i had to get to work quickly to avoid the traffic. At the round about i decided to zap in quickly in front of a slow coming lorry (was riding a motorbike) during the manouvre, my shoe came off my foot as i was moving forward... couldn't stop right in front of the lorry...was in a dilemna, do i go to work with one shoe, or do i go home and get a new pair and get late to work... anyhow as i go round the roundabout, i notice the traffic completely stopped: :wink: :wink: the lorry driver had stopped his vehicle behind my shoe, so, went round quickly, slid my foot in and drove on...the lorry was behind me till the next intersection, and the driver never stopped laughing... i could see him in my rearview mirror.

Tracy 09-19-2006 12:58 AM

I don't know if it's the silliest thing I ever did (can't remember, lol), but I work part-time in a pet store, and never fail to be absolutely mortified when I am bagging fish for a customer and the fish jump out of the net onto the floor :oops: Nothing worse than trying to pick up the slippery little guy, who kept flipping away on the floor; oh my gawd just let me die!

Matt 01-29-2007 11:16 AM

The silliest Thing that I have ever would have to be the day that we visited a cow pasture. :evil:

I Was Running Through The Fields When all of a sudden...I Tripped..,
And Guess What I Landed In? Correct! A Big Steaming
COW PIE I Stood up and some lady seen me Fall and She could Not stop Laughing...... I Was so Embarrased. :oops:

usmc121581 01-29-2007 02:46 PM

Lets see I have been in the military for over 6 years now. I reenlisted 2 1/2 years ago. The first four years I told my self I would not do that will here I am 2 1/2 years later. But this time I mean it Im done.

Fishflat 01-30-2007 02:27 PM

Silliest thing I''ve done would be when I climbed up a tree and got stuck. I couldnt jump down without bleeding. I did and there was blood everywhere. But it only came from my knees :twisted: