Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Vivariums and Reptiles (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/vivariums-reptiles/)
-   -   Everbody plz help urgent!! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/vivariums-reptiles/everbody-plz-help-urgent-51449/)

thefishboy 09-12-2010 02:54 PM

Everbody plz help urgent!!

Hello i came back home today and noticed my snake tank was open, i tthourougly checked her tank and she isnt in there?? Any tricks on getting ehr back she is a 5ft rat snake plz help she is my favourite thing ever! :cry:

badxgillen 09-12-2010 04:54 PM

snakes

if you havnt already close off all rooms and place towels underneath to close of the openings...check all the warm areas in the house heaters , fridge, under oven...be carefull moving things as not to squish the snake....and systematicaly check each room closing one off as you move to the next....you can also try to provide a fake sanctuary that has heat provided and not heat your house in hopes it will coax the snake out....no cats no dogs or heavy traffic...and dont forget any opening is an invetation for escape including heat vents....i have had a bad experience with a dead snake in the wall more than once....hopefully that wont happen to you as the rat snakes are very forgiving with temps...good luck...ADIOS...

ElectricBlueJackDempsey 09-12-2010 08:28 PM

get a live mouse/rat and put it in a clear box in the middle of room. She will be out in no time.

james7139 09-12-2010 08:50 PM

Did you get her back?

aunt kymmie 09-12-2010 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElectricBlueJackDempsey (Post 470222)
get a live mouse/rat and put it in a clear box in the middle of room. She will be out in no time.

There's an idea I never would have thought of. Sounds like it would work, once he gets hungry.
I wonder how long your mom will be okay with a live mouse in a clear box on her living room floor?? :lol:

thefishboy 09-13-2010 02:06 AM

Ok thanx i have a day of school today as im realy quite sick so i will try and get a mouse if pos, but i do have a hamster so im thiniing she will go towards the hamster.And no she hasnt come home yet :roll:

james7139 09-13-2010 10:07 PM

wow i dont know why but i miss her too :(

Romad 09-14-2010 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james7139 (Post 470924)
wow i dont know why but i miss her too :(

of course you miss her - she's your buddy. and you're talking to people who love animals on this forum so we get it.

i really hope she comes back.

james7139 09-14-2010 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romad (Post 470989)
of course you miss her - she's your buddy. and you're talking to people who love animals on this forum so we get it.

i really hope she comes back.

im not the owner.....

OscarLoverJim 09-14-2010 08:11 AM

thats too bad but then i think snakes arent the best of pets to have. just my opinion of course but i would say open the doors and let her go out to live where it enjoys the most so it can catch wild mice. debbie