Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   corys gone wild (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/corys-gone-wild-51420/)

fish joey 09-12-2010 06:44 AM

corys gone wild

Hi everyone....Yesterday I planted my big tank... added eco to the bottom...it was a long laborous process....I put in the tank divider, so I could do one side away from the fish at a time......now that its done all three of my normally sedate Corys have gone wild... raceing back and forth and up and down on the ends..... they plowed head on into glass cats......are they super happy or annoyed?..I'm afraid poor Ruben will have a heart attack....

Inga 09-12-2010 06:59 AM

LOL I don't know, it seems each time I make a large change to their environment my fish behave that way as well. I suspect they are happy that the stressor is gone and they can get back to life as they know it. I have not gotten my Cory's yet so I don't know what is normal for them or not but my tigers behave like that and so did my Platy's and Guppies with change.

Romad 09-12-2010 07:00 AM

They're probably just a little freaked out with the change. Give them some time to settle down and they should be fine.

They are fun to watch aren't they?

badxgillen 09-12-2010 05:57 PM

cory

yeah they just need a little down time..but it could also be an excited response to the water...i get my bronzes to breed by doing a large 30-40% water change with slightly cooler water to simulate rain and or flooding ...this usualy gets them all riled up ...more active going up and down then forming a T with the females upon depositing of eggs...its a posibility..well cool beans that you got some awesome substrate and good luck with the green thumb.....ADIOS....

Romad 09-12-2010 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badxgillen (Post 470105)
yeah they just need a little down time..but it could also be an excited response to the water...i get my bronzes to breed by doing a large 30-40% water change with slightly cooler water to simulate rain and or flooding ...this usualy gets them all riled up ...more active going up and down then forming a T with the females upon depositing of eggs...its a posibility..well cool beans that you got some awesome substrate and good luck with the green thumb.....ADIOS....

That must be something to see. How cool is that?

fish joey 09-13-2010 07:25 AM

Cory's are so special didn't know about that whole water temp..trick...my water actually went to the warm side ( I did do a huge water change).....Well they have settled down some what, still more active then before...I made them some sand areas but they haven't taken to them yet..