Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Josh's Plant Farm

7K views 30 replies 6 participants last post by  Nick 
#1 ·
Just took these pics of my tank/plant progress. Camera sucks so the fishies are blurry since they swim so fast all the time.

*** UPDATED 9-24-06 ***
Left Saturday morning to go to my dad's to work on the aquarium cabinet, came back sunday evening and plants had grown crazily. Here are some pics from tonight (from my cell phone so its crappy). Please notice the second image, the really long 'stalk' grew at least a foot while I was gone. How is that possible?

Please verify species if possible (of either plant).

*** UPDATED 9-26-06 ***
Plants are still growing like crazy. One of them has grow all the way to the top of the tank and is wrapping around the top. It is also flowering at the end. I think it might be some kind of water lilly...any ideas?

This is the flowering I was talking about. I held it under the water to get a good pic (sorry the pic still sucks - getting a new cam next month). Naturally it floats on the top of the water.

*** UPDATED 10-5-06 ***
Added 4 Amano Shrimp. Plants are huge. Cycle is done!

Please help identify the plants!!

See less See more
#27 ·
flattrack23 said:
any updates on plant growth and pics?
Nick, I thought you saw the new pics in the first post.:question:

And if that doesn't work, here it is.:wink2:
*** UPDATED 10-5-06 ***
Added 4 Amano Shrimp. Plants are huge. Cycle is done!

Please help identify the plants!!

#28 ·
Awww yes I just realized that! I didnt know if you were keeping on doing that. Your plants have grown like crazy!!! Good job.

#29 ·
Thanks! :D I need more of them. Do you guys think they will spread out at all on their own? Can I cut them and replant them?

#30 ·
jsm11482 said:
Thanks! :D I need more of them. Do you guys think they will spread out at all on their own? Can I cut them and replant them?
Your plants will most likely try to cover your whole tank(particularly the Nymphaea stellata) so with CO2, regular pruning on plants is necessary to control them from taking over your tank.

#31 ·
I think when you prune you could replant just a couple to see there progress it doesnt hurt it at all though. I would give it a try.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.