Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Flagtail cory

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  leifthebunny 
#1 ·
Well, Last night I checked my water parameters and came up 0 for Ammonia and Nitrites (it's already cycled) and pH is 7.0. The tank is 90g and is planted. This morning I noticed my flag tail cory staying near the surface with the thermometer and it's eyes were filled with blood. I lost it's pair a couple of days ago and it didn't have anything noticably wrong with it. The first one would swim and just collapse on it's side, swim for a bit (1-2 seconds), then collapse again. The second one looked like it was having problems swimming as well, but didn't collapse. Any ideas? None of my other cories look like anything is wrong with them.

#4 ·
leifthebunny said:
I lost it's pair a couple of days ago and it didn't have anything noticably wrong with it.
I do not understand it's pair.

leifthebunny said:
Any ideas?
Yes.
If it were my tank and fish:
Pimafix starting today if possible!*
It should be available at your LFS or chain pet store.
Dose according to the instructions.
Unlike Melafix medium overdosing with Pimafix can cause internal and external damage.

Once again if it were my tank and fish (and a bunch of folks will disagree with this one) I would add aquarium salt at a rate of one tablespoon per 20 gallons of aquarium water and maintain this concentration for several weeks.

*The "theory behind the !" is that I believe that your fish has an internal parasites. It may die even with the Pimafix but the Pimafix dosing and the induction of salt may prevent the propagation of the parasite infestation in your tank.

TR

#5 ·
jones57742 said:
leifthebunny said:
I lost it's pair a couple of days ago and it didn't have anything noticably wrong with it.
I do not understand it's pair.
Sorry, I bought 2 flagtail cories on Friday. One died Sunday but nothing visible, just freaked out and kept falling over on it's side until it died. The other died this morning and was bleeding from it's eyes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.