Need ideas for a 25 gallon hex
Wasn't sure were to post this but this seemed like the most likely place. So a friend recently gave me a 25 gallon hex tank and I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it (at first it was just going to be a quarantine tank) but since I've decided I would like to some sort of 2/3rds water 1/3rd air/land type setup so hence I came here.
So here is what I'm kicking around right now;
- I want to keep it natural and somewhat darkish so was thinking about going with an organic soil for the substrate.
- I was also thinking about stacking some slate from the bottom to above the water line, in the hopes I can get some animals that like the water and land combo.
- One idea was to modify one of my HOB filters for this setup to create a waterfall.
- I want to grow some plants emersed to give it that natural feeling.
- I was thinking of having 2 or 3 small fish in the water section.
- Was considering a few African dwarf frogs but from what I have read they have no love of land, but still might be an interesting addition.
So some questions,
What would be a good animal that will spend time in both land and water? I like the idea of turtles but will this setup be to small? What ones wont go after the fish?
Have any of you seen such a setup in a small tank like mine if you have can you link to some photos?
All comments and constructive criticisms welcome.
sound interesting.go to the vivarium side and maybe you can get some ideas
A good land and water animal would be newts. They're fun and sounds like exactly what you're looking for. I had them for years growing up.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:03 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.