Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   which plants should i add more for my tank? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/plants-should-i-add-more-my-50991/)

David007c 09-06-2010 01:37 AM

which plants should i add more for my tank?

I want my 30G tank to be quiet planted but not too heavily. Sorry, I don't know what my plant names are... My lighting is 36" Fluorescent Aquarium Reflector 120 volt 20 Watt 60 hz and Claudia D109A I don't know about lightings at all so please understand even if i wrote unnecessary stuff. Can you recommend me which plants are most suitable for my tank based on the lighting info? Thanks~ Appreciate for helping me out.

David007c 09-06-2010 01:49 AM

sorry how do i add the picture in? i edited and tried to find where to upload picture but couldn't find any so... can anyone tell me how?

tanker 09-06-2010 02:03 AM

If the picture is on your computer, select the paperclip icon - a screen will come up and you can select the image file on your computer and then press the "upload" button. The image will be attached to your post.

If the picture is on flickr or some other image-hosting site, you can select the "insert image" icon (the one that looks like a landscape picture) and put the website address where the picture is in there.

Inga 09-06-2010 09:37 AM

If you have your pictures on photo bucket you just copy paste the ULR to here.

David007c 09-08-2010 01:04 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by David007c (Post 465234)
I want my 30G tank to be quiet planted but not too heavily. Sorry, I don't know what my plant names are... My lighting is 36" Fluorescent Aquarium Reflector 120 volt 20 Watt 60 hz and Claudia D109A I don't know about lightings at all so please understand even if i wrote unnecessary stuff. Can you recommend me which plants are most suitable for my tank based on the lighting info? Thanks~ Appreciate for helping me out.

okay~ i uploaded the picture.

David007c 09-08-2010 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David007c (Post 466856)
okay~ i uploaded the picture.

i bought two more yesterday however i regret buying the second one from right:| in fact, it's too many(and big) of them... looking sloppy somewhat. Which plants would be better to replace with the big one??? Thanks again~

redchigh 09-08-2010 10:46 AM

I think the plant on the left is Java Fern, it shouldn't be planted in the substrate. It needs to be tied to a rock or driftwood...

As far as new plants...

I would get some Hygrophila Difformis, a Red Melon sword (Or Echinodorus Osiris), and some kind of foreground plant for the front... Maybe dwarf sag or echinodorus Tenellus?