Tropical Fish Keeping banner

took this pic of my jungle yesterday

4K views 33 replies 17 participants last post by  kitten_penang 
#1 ·
see what i mean by heavily planted :lol: if some thing died in there i don't think i'de be able to finds it's body :-?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
good morning love this tank but its funny I was just admiring it under another post ..and I wondered how would you know if any one died?...and then here you have said the the same thing...:lol: seriously how do you, do a head count? Do fish decompose faster with real plants? Seems like mother nature would take care of things...?

#3 ·
when i feed them i do a head count.. :lol:
seriously :shock: hahaha i just wanna make sure everyone is fine so i can address any problems from the start so i don't get a full blown anything in my tank.the fishes have gotten real used to me and my DSLR they do their thing no matter what i'm doing outside the tank. which is a good thing coz it's a jungle in there :lol:

#4 ·
it depends on the specific plant and animal.most of the time dead fishes are eaten by shrimps or another fish plants maybe left to rot or scooped out by us.so yeah mother nature takes care off most of the dead stuff.it's a recycling thing in the tank.

#6 ·
wonder whether theres a jungle landscape theme

#8 ·

#10 ·
hahaha yeah they are :-D

#12 ·
yeah big tanks are always more fun :-D can't wait too see yours if you do get one :-D

#13 ·
Kitten your tank looks awesome! You really did need a visit from my landscapers. I too have been losing fish. I just started a thread earlier today with a similar topic. lol Didn't know you had.

#14 ·
i was joking bout the not finding fish in the jungle.my fish are all fine actually i think either the shrimp or danio layed eggs.i think it's my danio coz the rcs eggs are of a different color.plus i have guppy babies last nite.went and did a bit of gardening today and found baby shrimps too :-D

#16 ·
food bowl the pleco love to hoard all the live blood worms in the smaller cup for the bumblebees so the larger container is for it to eat and sleep in if he likes lol kinda like a food sofa for the plec.

#18 ·

#19 ·
I really love heavily planted tanks with fine substrate. Yours just looks awesome. Knowing me, I'll probs keep mostly bottom feeders though, I just really like them for some reason. Oh and musnt forget the big fishes either, love those too. What do you keep in that tank?

#20 ·
lotsa of fish like black neons,floresant danios,plec,cory's, penguin tetra,bala,rcs,guppies and ghosts shrimp.

#21 ·
Your plants are gorgeous! Honestly they are amazing :)

#22 ·
Kitten your tank is absolutely beautiful! I love it!!! :-D

#23 ·
thanks kelso..they have been growing really nicely in there =)

cornelius thank you XD

#25 ·
104 gallon tank

#27 ·
thanks =)

#29 ·
lol i added a few more plants in there .ty

#31 ·
thanks but i dont use co2 tanks... rarely use liquid fert as well.. i must have green fingers ^.^

#34 ·
not sure do you use fert soil under the gravel??? i have a layer underneath the black gravel. are the light strong enough to reach the plans at the bottom? you could add more light if they seem dull coz if i remember the tank look rather dim the last time i saw it. if the cabombas are the ones getting uprooted well that's normal..mine was doing the same thing but give them some time and they grow roots out of their stem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.