Tropical Fish Keeping banner

new 125 tank and first time setting up sump tank , what???

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  usmc121581 
#1 ·
i got a 125 tank and the sump i think is a 30 long anyway i have the pump to push the water to the tank a protein skimmer , , what else do i need im only going to do live rock, fish thats about it what else should i do??????

#2 ·
setups usually go pump from main tank to sump,bubble trap or somthing into a filter media then into a colinating place where u put ur pods n other nitirifying stuff, then u put the skimmer then u put the pump from the skimmer to the main tank so the water coming out has been treated by everything, doesnt it?thats wat ive heard, dont quote me :)

#3 ·
setups usually go pump from main tank to sump,
Its the other way around pump from sump to main tank. Gravity works to bring the water to the sump.

#4 ·
Yes, on my tank. I have tank to sump. and pump to tank. In my wetdray i have my bioballs, and my protein skimmer and UV. As well as carbon and a few different places where i have pads to collect gunk.

#6 ·
No matter what pump you get the over flow will only handle what the pump has to give. I would use something with a 1200gal/hr flow rate or more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.