Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Invertebrates (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/invertebrates/)
-   -   Looking for some odd tankmates for my 37g Invert (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/invertebrates/looking-some-odd-tankmates-my-37g-49976/)

dfbiggs 08-23-2010 11:39 AM

Looking for some odd tankmates for my 37g Invert

I currently have 10 assorted nerites and RCS..I'm not sure how many. Can't seem to count them they are always undercover..let's say 12. I am looking to add a creature or 2 that are unique. Possibly a crayfish..Would like it to stay under 4 inches and must be compatible with everyone. I am thinking CPO..but I recently found white crayfish..

Let me know what you suggest..I am sure there are cool critters out there I haven't discovered yet.

CaliforniaFishkeeper 08-23-2010 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfbiggs (Post 453589)
I currently have 10 assorted nerites and RCS..I'm not sure how many. Can't seem to count them they are always undercover..let's say 12. I am looking to add a creature or 2 that are unique. Possibly a crayfish..Would like it to stay under 4 inches and must be compatible with everyone. I am thinking CPO..but I recently found white crayfish..

Let me know what you suggest..I am sure there are cool critters out there I haven't discovered yet.

Do you have a price range? Some of the bigger inverts can have a helluva price tag on 'em.

As for smaller crayfish species...'

Viper Shrimp (Atya gabonensi) 6"
Red Lobster (Procambarus sp) 5"
Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobster (Procambarus sp) 5"

dfbiggs 08-23-2010 11:54 AM

It depends on the critter. I would pay about $30 for a cray (CPO). If I decide on something I usually get a pair..so around $60 for a pair. (And that's for the higher quality ones...I know there are different grades on these things like with RCS. I have seen some I would never buy) Its just depends though..I am looking into crabs too..hmm what other inverts are there..

CaliforniaFishkeeper 08-23-2010 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfbiggs (Post 453603)
It depends on the critter. I would pay about $30 for a cray (CPO). If I decide on something I usually get a pair..so around $60 for a pair. (And that's for the higher quality ones...I know there are different grades on these things like with RCS. I have seen some I would never buy) Its just depends though..I am looking into crabs too..hmm what other inverts are there..

I really like the Viper Shrimp and Cobalt Blue Lobster. :3

Only problem with trying to get a pair of them is that the supplier is not likely to be able to sex them.

dfbiggs 08-23-2010 12:45 PM

Yeah I like those 2. Is the Viper shrimp the same as the Vampire shrimp?

CaliforniaFishkeeper 08-23-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfbiggs (Post 453644)
Yeah I like those 2. Is the Viper shrimp the same as the Vampire shrimp?

Yeah, same thing.