Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Saltwater Fish (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/saltwater-fish/)
-   -   Just got a new 125g tank, need fish ideas. (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/saltwater-fish/just-got-new-125g-tank-need-4985/)

Age of Aquariums 04-13-2007 03:51 PM

Just got a new 125g tank, need fish ideas.

I hope this is the right forum to post on, but anyways I just bought a 125g aquarium and would like to make it a reef with fish tank. I know there is a forum for posting about coral and invertebrate, but I need some fish ideas for the tank. I would like it to be very colorful.

usmc121581 04-13-2007 03:55 PM

First we need to know exactly what fish you are interest in. Like a preditor tank type, what corals you want because some fish will eat corals.

nbassis 04-13-2007 03:58 PM

I am a big fan of angels, I have a Queen Angel in one of mine and it is beautiful.

usmc121581 04-13-2007 04:00 PM

Theres so many possiblities. I am a big tang person. I have 3 in a 120gal.

Age of Aquariums 04-13-2007 04:10 PM

I don't have a preference on anything, mainly because this is my first large reef tank, I have a 10,000 gallon tank but it is FOWLR. So anything you suggest, I will look around on liveaquaria for some corals and let you know what I like.

Age of Aquariums 04-13-2007 04:18 PM

I like Humu Picasso trigerfish, but I don't thing they are reef compatible if I remember right. I looked at the compatibility chart on liveaquaria but they aren't specific enough. I also saw that they said clownfish get along with clownfish, and I heard on another form that that isn't true. I love clownfish though. My favorites are the percula clown and the ocellaris clown.

nbassis 04-13-2007 04:21 PM

Question for you, how much did you pay for your system. I am trying to compare prices to our out here in HAwaii.

usmc121581 04-13-2007 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Age of Aquariums
I like Humu Picasso trigerfish, but I don't thing they are reef compatible if I remember right. I looked at the compatibility chart on liveaquaria but they aren't specific enough. I also saw that they said clownfish get along with clownfish, and I heard on another form that that isn't true. I love clownfish though. My favorites are the percula clown and the ocellaris clown.

With the trigger that will be the only fish in the tank when it gets bigger as they will be aggresive towards others. Also depends on the types of clowns. The ocellaris and percula clowns can be kept tegether as long as they are the same type, but any others is a no n. Unless they are a mating pair. LIke I took a risk when I added another yellow striped maroon clown when I had already had one. Now they are always together.

Age of Aquariums 04-13-2007 04:26 PM

My 125 is empty I built the stand and I haven't drilled the over flows on the stand. (They can with the tank) The tank itself is $325. (I know that the tank is probably the cheapest part of the system. :D)

Age of Aquariums 04-13-2007 04:29 PM

I like true percula clowns and o'solaris (false percula) clowns I had them both together in a 55g reef tank but I told everything in the tank after it started to sag through the 2nd story floor.