Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/forum.php)
- Livebearers (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/livebearers/)
- - Questions about Guppies and Platys (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/livebearers/questions-about-guppies-platys-49601/)
Questions about Guppies and Platys
I'm thinking about getting either guppies or platies,to go into a tropical 10 gallon community tank with 4 harlequin rasboras, and i have a few questions.
1) I've heard it is possible to keep just male guppies without females, is this true?
2) would the nutrifin tropical fish flakes be enough for them nutritionally( http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=2752299 ) or is there some other food that's better for them?
3) The guppies Petsmart sells are all very colorful but small and with tiny fins. Will the fins grow out as the guppies age?
1.in my experience its sumtimes ok to keep all males because some fight and sum dont..
4.they probably will grow into bigger fins
Oh, one more question
4) Of guppies and platies, which do you feel is the most peaceful as a species?
again in my experience my guppys were the most gentle ones out of all of my fish that i have kept..my platies were a more aggressive then my guppies
I dont think they will grow out very much. Basicaly what you see is what you get. To get larger fins you would have to use selective breeding (but you are only getting males) in my experiance males can be kept by themselves. My cousin takes some of my males when i have too many and hers do just fine without any females. If you want ones that are pretty without a ton of selective breeding you will need to look around untill you find ones you like at a shop and buy those.
Thank you Slamance :)
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.