Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Filter problem, help please

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Mettalikatt 
#1 ·
Did my usual fish maintenance, took the filter off to clean it because it started growing hair algae inside of it, and ever since I put it back in I can't get it to work...normally when I plug it back in it will gurgle and I just take some water from the tank to fill it up and get it going...but now it won't do anything...no gurgle or anything, if I hold it up to my hear I can hear a really quiet electrical buzz coming from it...but it won't do it's wonderful filter job...kinda worried about the oxygen levels in the tank dropping, but it's pretty heavily planted so I guess this won't be a problem...but any advice? Anyone else ever have this problem?

Unfortunately I don't know what kind of filter it is because it was with the tank already when I acquired it :|

#2 ·
If you can I'd detach the intake tube hopefully giving you a view of the fan that drives the water through and make sure that the intake isn't clogged or that your motor isn't siezed up from algae

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.