Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   funny thing happened (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/funny-thing-happened-49241/)

kitten_penang 08-12-2010 09:56 AM

funny thing happened

ok so it was a normal day like everyday when i decided to do a water change.guess what it wasn't so normal after all. i took out the long siphon pipe and started to siphon in a pail before i hooked it up to a very long hose to let everything flow into the bath room.everything was going well till i saw water coming out from under my couch.thinking it was from the siphon i looked to where it was connected to the hose.... it was dry :shock: and i look at the water it was getting bigger and bigger a patch.got off my tush and went to bathroom and to my horror the hose wasn't there but instead was in the smaller room i wanted to put the 336 gallon pond like tank in and the water was so full almost 1 inch deep and was overflowing to my reading room. omg i flooded the room.lucky the only thing thats wet are my fishing gear a box with who knows what in it and a new scanner cum printer ( the thick box saved it. tq canon) :-?

all in all a very tiring day cleaning up my mess ;-)

CaliforniaFishkeeper 08-12-2010 03:38 PM

Watch out for mold growth under your flooring. It can cause health issues over prolonged exposure... Not to mention a hefty price to have it eradicated...

kitten_penang 08-13-2010 08:53 AM

lol i have tiles.we dont get mold cause it dries off easy.just gets really wet when flooded lol

CaliforniaFishkeeper 08-13-2010 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitten_penang (Post 446019)
lol i have tiles.we dont get mold cause it dries off easy.just gets really wet when flooded lol

Ohhhhkay, I assumed carpet. :3

kitten_penang 08-14-2010 02:42 AM

hahaha =)

BradSD 08-14-2010 07:05 AM

I have been afriad that the hoses could somehow come off my canister filter. My wife would kill me LOL.

kitten_penang 08-14-2010 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradSD (Post 446650)
I have been afriad that the hoses could somehow come off my canister filter. My wife would kill me LOL.

well you better make sure it isn't carpeted and the hose is sealed tightly to the filter or your gonna need a mop a bucket and a good earplug :-D

Inga 08-14-2010 11:46 AM

Better you then me Kitten_Penang. LOL Sorry you went through that but glad you caught it before any really big damage. Maybe I should complain about my emergency need for a $40.00 heater. In comparison, your issue could have been much worse.

freshAqua 08-14-2010 01:16 PM

omg... that reminds me of when i was struggling to reassemble by eheim.. i had to restart the water flow/ siphon myself.. after swallowing a cup of the swamp water i managed to plug the tube w.my hand only to realize i hadnt reattached the bottom connector... so while trying to reattach it with my left hand.. water spraying all over from the tube 'plugged' by my finger.. by the time i had it secured/connected i was drenched along with at least 3gallons on livingrm floor.. i didnt know whether to laugh or cry

kitten_penang 08-14-2010 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inga (Post 446777)
Better you then me Kitten_Penang. LOL Sorry you went through that but glad you caught it before any really big damage. Maybe I should complain about my emergency need for a $40.00 heater. In comparison, your issue could have been much worse.

haha yup i was lucky the scanner was ok.only used it 3 times since i bought it.whats the heater for? you tank suffering from ich? you might wanna know the plants hate being warm.:-?