Tropical Fish Keeping banner

My very own Light strip!

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Mettalikatt 
#1 · (Edited)
My take one what so many have done before. Used the Rain gutter, and 13w 6500 CFL minicurl lights. Ran an old strip of cabinetry shelving track down the middle to hide my wires and give the strip some rigidity.
Still needs a coat of paint, but I lack the time to do it right now.
Before

After

Thanks to zof and Mikaila31 for their input and assistance in this build.

See less See more
#4 ·
I was just thinking, it might be more efficient to reverse the orientation of your sockets, like two facing out from the middle and the end ones facing in, should make it so more of the light is hitting the inside of the tank and not escaping out the sides. Middles are probably ok but the outside bulbs are probably pushing a ton of light out your sides based on their orientation.

Of course if your goal is also to light that part of your house more, its probably working pretty well!

#5 ·
wow DIY lighting no one lets me do things like that.

#6 ·
My take one what so many have done before. Used the Rain gutter, and 13w 6500 CFL minicurl lights. Ran an old strip of cabinetry shelving track down the middle to hide my wires and give the strip some rigidity.
Still needs a coat of paint, but I lack the time to do it right now.
Before

After

Thanks to zof and Mikaila31 for their input and assistance in this build.
I am so stealing your idea...I hope I know enough about electricity..BBBZZZZZOUT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.